The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking to RE-WIRE my Mind

USB_Ninja

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 29, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Hi all,

My experience is similar to many other new joiners. I heard about MJs book through various web resources and word of mouth. As with other publications with quality content, a certain amount of viral internet noise is always generated, and I was able to tune in and notice the commotion.

Very impressed with the absence of BS in 'Fastlane Millionaire' and with the concise structure by which the information is presented. Equally impressed with the forum. So thanks to MJ and all who contribute to this inspiring little community. The wealth of information and experience here is truly amazing.

As for myself...like a lot of people I love the idea of structuring a business so I can be financially unencumbered and able to live life on my own terms. In some ways I think I'm cut out for this as I have an exceptionally strong work ethic and qualities such as discipline and persistence are part of my character. I am pretty much addicted to the idea of 'short term pain for long term gain' in all areas of life. What I do seem to lack is a general business acumen. I don't seem naturally wired to be an entrepreneur, which is why I am seeking out forums and blogs such as Fastlane to learn and absorb attitudes, ideas and principles from people who are successful in this field. Hopefully I can also contribute.

I did the whole affiliate marketing trip with a very tiny budget for about 4 years. Worked my butt off, and did my share of working 7 days a week for months on end (this included working my regular job as well as doing marketing), but only started to make a profit with Pay Per Click after I paid an already successful marketer for private coaching. My promising little business nose-dived after that particular search engine company changed the rules - which reinforces the need for the Commandment of Control.

Did a heap of SEO as well, which I guess is a very handy skill set to have. I have had sites go to the front page of Google for targeted keywords, and did actually hit #1 with a site for a short period. Unfortunately the conversion rates for my sites weren't worth the effort required to keep them up there (again due to lack of business acumen and foresight in the planning stages).

So, I have a million ideas, and I'm looking to shape them into a direction from which I can build a business. I'm inclined towards a web-based business as I already have some background in that area.

My regular Slowlane job is in IT/Business/Consulting.

Oh yeah, that 'Fastlane Millionaire - I've read it' image, how do I add that to my profile? Is it in the avatar settings? :) Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

USB_Ninja

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 29, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.