The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking to get in the Game. So many options

futuremills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 29, 2007
SoCal
I finally decided to get serious and go ALL IN when it comes to the world of internet businesses. I am in the process of reading ebooks on the subject, listening to podcasts, youtube videos etc. Tomorrow I will start the 30 DC.

I have few ideas I want to try. Im want to start a fitness blog, maybe my nutrition supplements, relationship blog, and maybe a dropshipping store either mens clothes. I am also interested in affiliate marketing but not so crazy about the idea. I have read stories of affiliates getting scammed out of their $$$

I have a few other ideas but they are more complex and i will need more experiance first. For a complete n00b what do you guys think is the best option. I plan on putting in a min of 2 hours on weeknights and 4 hours per day on the weekend, My goal is to make 2 grand a month..How long it takes till i get there is the million dollar question :cheers:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
I finally decided to get serious and go ALL IN when it comes to the world of internet businesses. I am in the process of reading ebooks on the subject, listening to podcasts, youtube videos etc. Tomorrow I will start the 30 DC.

I have few ideas I want to try. Im want to start a fitness blog, maybe my nutrition supplements, relationship blog, and maybe a dropshipping store either mens clothes. I am also interested in affiliate marketing but not so crazy about the idea. I have read stories of affiliates getting scammed out of their $$$

I have a few other ideas but they are more complex and i will need more experiance first. For a complete n00b what do you guys think is the best option. I plan on putting in a min of 2 hours on weeknights and 4 hours per day on the weekend, My goal is to make 2 grand a month..How long it takes till i get there is the million dollar question :cheers:

What are you most talented at?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Unfortunately, the world doesn't care where your interests lie and what makes you happy. The world is selfish and ONLY wants to know "What can you do for me and how much?"

In the Fastlane, you have to merge your talent into that question and do so in a massive way. And then, if you don't have the talent, you have to acquire it, learn it, partner it, or hire it.

Read http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...-have-successful-entrepreneurial-premise.html before ya start.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
I agree with MJ - however if you are good and I mean good at fitness and even though it's a very competitive niche b/c every wannabe joe who thinks he knows how to work out provides advice, if you can come up with a spin on a product or solution then you can make it.

In research esp online I've seen a lot of folks leaving the fitness niche b/c they think it's too competitive.

Find a need as there will always be one there and fill it. Put a spin on a workout, recommend products that actually work so folks quit wasting money, provide a membership site, etc...

I know a lot about fitness and exercise and although I thought creating a new plan/video etc.. was a waste of time 5 years ago I was amazed at the fact that new products come to market everyday and do well.

Go for it is what I say if you have something of value that people want

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I have few ideas I want to try. Im want to start a fitness blog, maybe my nutrition supplements, relationship blog, and maybe a dropshipping store either mens clothes. I am also interested in affiliate marketing but not so crazy about the idea.

This quote above sounds to me you just want to try anything and everything that might work because it has worked for others in the past. Take it one step at a time. Find something that you TRULY feels will serve a value to other people and that you get EXCITED about. Just because Joe Blow started a supplement store 4 years ago and is making a decent income off it and Jane has high traffic to her relationship blog, doesn't mean you can do the same.

If you're "not so crazy" about affiliate marketing, then don't try it. Eventually you will probably lose motivation and interest and realize you wasted precious time you could have spent towards other ventures.

Touching on the fitness niche, I too have to agree that the segment is highly competitive. In my city alone(not a very big one comparatively) I know of two guys who are trying to make it in the online-fitness segment with MULTIPLE websites and I don't think they have been very successful at all, probably making much more income with their personal training wages/salaries.

If you think you honestly have a product/service that will be helpful to other people and can get genuinely excited about it....go for it, but don't try to be a copy cat and start another cookie cutter blog or web store just because you've heard it works for other people.

With that being said, don't lose interest and spirit of online ventures. There is always something that can be improved on, you just have to find the right way to implement it.

NerdSmasher

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 31, 2007
that is NOT an affiliate link above

Lol, of course not, it's better! You're the 4th person on the list...

More importantly, I think Redshft hit it right on the nose. I've noticed a LOT of fitness and supplement products/blogs coming up lately, and personally I'm not sure why. (I'm also, presumably, not that healthy - nor health conscious.) However, it would be a challenging market to get into if you don't enjoy what you're doing.

Additionally, while it's nice to think of business as a job - something you can do, but not necessarily enjoy, and make money (ideally, a LOT of money, as that is always the hope/dream) at, it's not really the case. You can't take the skills required to work as a stock boy at Target and become a millionaire. You have to have more, know more, and do more. Think more, take risks, and responsibility. (This isn't as if to say you can't.)

And, the reason people take these risks, and do these things, is because they are motivated. Some by the product, and excitement in giving it to others for their benefit; some by the joy of writing about something they know, and sharing with others; some by the need for more for themselves for their services; and some by the excitement of watching some system or idea of theirs come to life. (I'm sure there are more, as well.)

But, for now, you're on the right track. Learn what you can in your area of interest, then decide on a way of making money - whether it be selling ads, a product, a service, etc., make a plan, and execute! You can always tweak along the way. Just be sure you have the motivation, if you truly want to succeed.

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
I remember reading something from the RDPD series that really struck me and seemed spot on. I have used it myself with success (starting with investing.) It was the acronym FOCUS (Follow One Course Until Successful).

Giving one business 100% until it is self sustaining is better than giving 10 businesses 10% for the same purpose. Start an endeavor, preferably one you are passionate about, and offer a value to people to make it positively impact their lives in some way. The you find a way to differentiate yourself from the competition, and give that business legs. Once its automated, you can start another, and the established one will run in the background and require only basic maintenance. This can take time but will build confidence, and the more successes you have the more complex ventures you can get into because you have systems behind you that work.

Good luck with your e-biz!!

Jul 6, 2009
Stop reading on scam first of all! Don't plague your mind with negative information which wont help you succeed.

They key to success is Solving problems!

Make your fitness expertise unique and solve a problem.

Think out side the box!

Believe in yourself and brain storm!

Success is a formula {Positive mind + hard work+ Perseverance + Think Big= success}!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.