The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for partners to start a business

julien515

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 19, 2011
I wanna start my first internet business. and im really excited to get things rolling! I have made money in entertainment "promoting parties and concerts" and used to have a lawn care business. I know from experience that I tend to work better when I have a group or partners to work with. If anyone is interested in talking with me or throwing some ideas around with me PM me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pixpax

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 20, 2012
This seems like a really bad way to look for partners. Partner with someone you know out of mutual benefit, not with strangers because you want a partner for the sake of having a partner.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You realize when you partner you are giving up a portion of your business just for the sake of partnering?

How about trying to get a good advisory board that you buy a few dinners for or something a few times per month?

julien515

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 19, 2011
This seems like a really bad way to look for partners. Partner with someone you know out of mutual benefit, not with strangers because you want a partner for the sake of having a partner.

I would imagine most people on this forum are just as interested as I am in starting a business, what better way to find people with mutual interests?

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
No one is interested. Start the business by yourself. Keep the control and money. You'll be happy you did.

If group sessions is what you're looking for then get into a mastermind group and discuss and learn ONLY. Other than that fly solo.

All the best,

Cory

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
What is the point of partnering? What is it you are lacking?

Looking for a partner is just another excuse of taking the first step because you are scared.

Not to mention, unless you REALLY need it, its a terrible idea. What you need is an advisor. That's what this forum is for.

julien515

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 19, 2011
What is the point of partnering? What is it you are lacking?

Looking for a partner is just another excuse of taking the first step because you are scared.

Not to mention, unless you REALLY need it, its a terrible idea. What you need is an advisor. That's what this forum is for.

I guess you have a good point. I am trying to come up with ways to raise money for my business, I figured it would be easier to do with multiple people putting cash into the pot. I am considering using a crowd funding site such as kick starter.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2012
You need someone with the ideas? An adviser keeps you from doing what you're capable of. I sent you a personal message.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.