The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for good CRM that integrates with Shopify

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Hi everyone,

Here is the thing. I need to take customer orders from clients. Production time takes 15 days. There are at least 4 back and forth with the client. Clients are going to come from social media direct messages, live chat and email.

I will process orders from Shopify site and charge for service before hand. Then I need to somehow handle the orders. Imagine having 10 orders per day with average time to completion of 15 days. What would you do? What CRM for handling the process would you use? What are some helpful integrations? Would you even use Shopify?

Thank you for anyone who will share thoughts and contribute.
I will be here responding to questions.
I hope this will also be helpful for someone in the future who decides to take custom orders.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Maybe you can outline what the process looks like - without mentioning your own product. Sounds like your process is a bit cumbersome.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Maybe you can outline what the process looks like - without mentioning your own product. Sounds like your process is a bit cumbersome.

You are right, it's basically this:

1. Customer orders the product that he would like to customize for him self through Shopify store.
2. Order appears in CRM. VA asks for additional information and moves it to PENDING column or if enough information for product creation moves it to IN PROGRESS and labels it PART 1
3. Manufacturer gets notified of new order and starts PART 1 creation. Once done moves it to REVIEW and customer gets notified to either approve or request changes
4. If customer accepts and no changes are needed VA labels it PART 2 and manufacturer receives green light for part 2
5. Manufacturer performs part 2 and customer notified to accept or ask for changes
6. VA handles customer requests and if no changes are needed moves into FINALIZE column. Manufacturer gets notified and completes, packages and ships. Once shipped VA updates tracking number and moves into DONE column

This is a back and forth job with our customer service, manufacturer and the client. On average the client will have 1 change request per each of the two stages.

Now assuming this scales to just 3 orders per day its going to be a night mare because it takes 15 days to create. That's going to be already 45 orders in progress.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Based on my other related experience we need 1 VA per 15 customers at any given time. If our max output capacity is 30 orders per day we need at least 2 full time VA and a robust system for tracking order progress.

We don't have leads. It's just: ads -> person likes it -> orders -> get's personalized order and is happy -> we made $.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
I am thinking Salesforce or Hubspot but I can't wrap my head how I can get them to work for me. They are all seem to be tailored to handling leads and converting them to clients. We want to focus on what happens after the person orders.

The fulfillment part. I think there should be something like that, I just can't find.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I use a CRM that may solve that issue.

It's got a pipeline feature and has lots of automations to send out at each stage.

You also get a free 14 trial I think. Then it's $97 a month for one location. If you need any help setting it up give me a shout. I spend most of my day using it!

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
I use a CRM that may solve that issue.

It's got a pipeline feature and has lots of automations to send out at each stage.

You also get a free 14 trial I think. Then it's $97 a month for one location. If you need any help setting it up give me a shout. I spend most of my day using it!

Thank you for the suggestion Paul, I will look into it.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
@eTox - if gohighlevel doesn't work for your use case please send me a DM.

I also have an e-com store that has a custom fulfilment process as we customize our orders. I'm also a software developer and am looking at building out a tool to help automate my workflow (and be useful enough for other custom workflows). Currently I'm handling this with VAs and spreadsheets :)

So if you're up for beta testing some software you may get the exact workflow you're looking for and a simpler experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.