The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for Feedback on website idea for homeowners

Idea threads

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
I think it has a lot of merit! I like the idea!

For a GC or home flipper that runs all over trying to get building plans into the hands of the sub contractors, this could be very beneficial. I have done this a lot, and it can take a week or two just getting prints into the hands of all the subs. Email works, but then you have 20-30+ emails to send out. And what if you are doing 10, 20, 100 homes at one time?

If you can upload all info into a bid room like you want, and everyone is directed there, it could take care of a huge pain point. I would personally use this if/when I ever built any more homes.

NickT41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks KC!

I really appreciate the feedback. It reinforces the direction that I'm moving with this plan. I may have to reach out to you in the future as I start kicking it into gear.

NIck

NickT41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 4, 2013
Great idea, how do you plan on getting traffic to the site?
That's a good question that I have not figured out yet. I started a blog and have made a few posts. I'm not a great writer or marketer. Any suggestions?

harerace

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Dec 18, 2013
That's a good question that I have not figured out yet. I started a blog and have made a few posts. I'm not a great writer or marketer. Any suggestions?

I have problems with writing too. Blog is a no go for this idea, at least in the beginning. You have to find where this crowd hangs and throw your idea/site in their face. Only way!

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
Thanks KC!

I really appreciate the feedback. It reinforces the direction that I'm moving with this plan. I may have to reach out to you in the future as I start kicking it into gear.

NIck

Anytime. Give me a holler if I can help in any way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NickT41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 4, 2013
If you guys wouldn't mind evaluating my blog as well for now, check it out at www.designbidbuild.com. Like I said, I have barely any views, and I SUCK at marketing and attracting visitors. I figured I'll post more content, get a little more organized before I start trying too hard.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Love it. I'm a homeowner who enjoys doing a lot of design and work on my house but I've had projects that I've contracted out and it's always been a pain in the a$$ finding someone good for a fair price.

So, If I have a project, have someone do the layout/specs, I then upload to your future site and start getting bids ? Is this correct ?
Kind of like Elance which I've used.

NickT41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 4, 2013
That's the gist of it, Bigguns. My hopes are that it could be useful for small projects as well, where an architect may not necessarily need to create a floorplan and specs. If the general public understood how create a floor plan (even hand-drawn) and simple specifications or a scope of work, to relay information to a contractor(bidder), that could be bi-passed.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Have you researched if there are other sites that do this ? I'd be surprised if there are not. BTW....I don't see that you've joined the "INSIDERS"...I strongly recommend to join if you're not. This thread would be secure on the Inside and THAT'S where good shit happens !

NickT41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 4, 2013
There are quite a few other sites like it, but I have some ideas to set myself apart. I believe I can make it better. I'd love to join INSIDERS and I hope to eventually, but right now, money is a bit tight. The whole reason I'm doing this is so I can make more money and get out of the holes I'm in.

edit: After further consideration, I may join. Afterall, it could be the best $ I've ever spent.

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
Yes, join the inside asap!

I like your blog but in my limited experience you won't get much traffic if any from it right away. But there are some benefits to blogs, so why not. I will let others chime in on that.

Aside from the homeowners like Bigguns to target, here are some other ideas off the top off the head.

I would hit up the larger home builders in every city. Talk to the estimators and take-off guys. If you could grab a couple of large builders imagine the reach they would have to get your name out there? They can deal with hundreds of subs, which in turn will see your product, who can then let other builders and owner-builders know.

Also, call the lumber yards and talk to the reps. They get building plans in for their material take-offs and will always have to send them around in office, or to their suppliers before they get your bid back. Example they will send to get material/cost for: trusses, floor plans, door shop, etc. etc.

I can see this being a huge hit with lumber yards to use in house.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.