The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for advice, sourcing a manufacturing co for my product.

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

Leecha14

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone!

Very excited, I received my prototype last week and now it's time to accelerate and launch this new product I invented!

- trying to take things one day at a time -

My design company is able to source a mfg for me, this will cost approx $4000.

I'm not sure if I take this on myself, I don't know anything about this but can learn quickly. I don't want to make a mistake though as I would like a US mfg and to save money, outsource some minor parts from China.

I would greatly appreciate advice from anyone who has brought a physical product to market, do I hire my design team who already has this expertise or do it myself?

Thank you!
Lisa

Quote Reply

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Start here

Abard123

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 26, 2020
Colorado
Hi Lisa,

Your design company wants 4k just to find the supplier???

I recently started my company 303 Global. We help companies in your exact situation. We can identify suppliers and help you all the way through import. And we certainly dont have any crazy sourcing fees.

If your interested, I would be happy to sign an NDA and discuss your project.

Thanks
Alex

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Heck if I know, but please save your money and gather pre-orders with your prototype. The last thing you want to do is spend a bunch of money and have no email/order list. Have you been working on this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.