To start, put your fears to rest-I can use Google. I'm not asking to be hand-held through this, but I have a very specific question to people who have bought homes before.
Without getting into too many details, I'm buying a cheap home to establish legal residence in a state as a kind of tax shelter for a business. If/how that will work is not a concern here.
What is of concern is that the house I'm buying is a significant geographic distance from me. I would like opinions on how you go to a distant area to buy a house and manage to locate and connect to a quality agent who will really bust heads during negotiations and not slack off because huge fluctuations in price only make a small difference in his/her commission. Do you just read reviews online, feel them out on the phone, and hope for the best? I wish I had some form of contact that could elucidate the local situation, but I'd never considered the state until a few weeks ago.
Without getting into too many details, I'm buying a cheap home to establish legal residence in a state as a kind of tax shelter for a business. If/how that will work is not a concern here.
What is of concern is that the house I'm buying is a significant geographic distance from me. I would like opinions on how you go to a distant area to buy a house and manage to locate and connect to a quality agent who will really bust heads during negotiations and not slack off because huge fluctuations in price only make a small difference in his/her commission. Do you just read reviews online, feel them out on the phone, and hope for the best? I wish I had some form of contact that could elucidate the local situation, but I'd never considered the state until a few weeks ago.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
