The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Local Online Marketplace to Enable Food Delivery During COVID

Lee Wright

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 28, 2018
Orange, NSW, Australia
Hi. A big weak link in social distancing is having to go out for groceries. In my town the major supermarkets have stopped doing home delivery to the general public. I'm in a mid sized rural town so there's actually a lot of small local food producers. Some are doing phone orders & home deliveries but it's not really viable in that you have to pay separate delivery to each one & or there's minimum quantities & range. I'm trying to set up local online marketplace where customers can shop & pay online 24/7 to multiple vendors & have it delivered in a single, efficient delivery run. I think this would provide customer convenience, save vendors on time manually processing order & save on delivery. The feedback I've had from prospective customers is positive but the problem is that I can't seem to get any vendors on board. Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing? This is a prototype I've created. https://orangehomedelivery.com/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PhilPhil

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 23, 2015
I'd rather like to see a local marketplace where I can hire someone for 20 30 bucks who will call, order, pick up, and deliver all the shit for me from markets, shops, etc.

Lee Wright

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 28, 2018
Orange, NSW, Australia
I'd rather like to see a local marketplace where I can hire someone for 20 30 bucks who will call, order, pick up, and deliver all the shit for me from markets, shops, etc.
Thanks Phil. So what would be the benefits you see from having a personal shopper that delivers just to you rather than shopping through a marketplace & having the vendors use a common courier?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.