The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living in the BMW

EthanSimonton

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jul 24, 2016
Why not both?

Brilliant! I could use the profits from the Udemy course to pay for the Facebook Ads which run the landing pages. The Udemy course would also start building a community that could be interested in helping to fund the Kickstarter as well. All while testing the market to see if people will actually pay for a course. Fantastic! Thank you!

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
Brilliant! I could use the profits from the Udemy course to pay for the Facebook Ads which run the landing pages. The Udemy course would also start building a community that could be interested in helping to fund the Kickstarter as well. All while testing the market to see if people will actually pay for a course. Fantastic! Thank you!

Are you going to create the content / do teaching yourself? Or are you going to get other engineers to create content, which you sell on a platform (similar to Udemy, but focussed on engineering) for revenue split?

EthanSimonton

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jul 24, 2016
Are you going to create the content / do teaching yourself? Or are you going to get other engineers to create content, which you sell on a platform (similar to Udemy, but focussed on engineering) for revenue split?

Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge or expertise to create the content/teach courses. I also don't want to spend 10-20 years getting that level of expertise. So, the initial plan is to hire a mix of engineers with 5-30 years of experience to teach the courses for me. They has an enormous amount of knowledge that isn't shared many other places. I'll film and edit the videos. Then I'll focus on selling them. At first I'm looking at producing all of the courses in house. Later on, I could look at possibly crowd sourcing the courses like Udemy. But, I feel that hiring engineers myself to create the courses will help me to retain the most control.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...