The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LinkedIn, LinkedIn Premium, LinkedIn Publishing

Marketing, social media, advertising

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
Hello Fastlaners,

A few days ago I started a FREE month of Premium LinkedIn account, more specifically, named Sales Navigator.

I'm trying to use it to it's full potential and I thought that it would be a good idea to start a deeper discussion about LinkedIn.
  • Are you using LinkedIn? Is It important in your opinion to use it?
  • Is it helping your business/your online presence?
  • Did you try/are you using LinkedIn Premium?
  • Does it worth upgrading?
  • Did you publish a post on LinkedIn? What success did it have?
  • Worth publishing a post on LinkedIn or better have your own blog?

I’ve also tried LinkedIn publishing when the new S6 came out with little to no success.
Ok, I admit, it is not a brilliant post. It was just a “test”.

"Why the release of the new Galaxy S6 shouldn't be such a big deal?"https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-release-galaxy-s6-shouldnt-big-deal-dániel-marthi?trk=prof-post

To be honest I'm PRO LinkedIn.
In my opinion it is essential to have a LinkedIn account if you want to grow your professional career.
It also gives you a great opportunity to connect with like-minded people and to grow your professional network.

What are your thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
  • Are you using LinkedIn? YES.
  • Is It important in your opinion to use it? Probably, if you're looking for a job or building a career.
  • Is it helping your business/your online presence? Not much.
  • Did you try/are you using LinkedIn Premium? NO.
  • Does it worth upgrading? I don't know how about you; for me it's worthless.
  • Did you publish a post on LinkedIn? What success did it have? Yes, i did. Lost time.
  • Worth publishing a post on LinkedIn or better have your own blog? Own blog works better for me.

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I'm a big fan of LinkedIn.

Its because of connecting with an entrepreneur on LinkedIn that I was introduced to the Millionaire Fastlane book, and later this forum.

Most job offers I got/get came from LinkedIn and the recruiters found me.

My latest entrepreneurial venture allowed me to finally quit my 9-5 and seize control of my day and my schedule (all due to having a presence on LinkedIn.)

I wasn't the biggest fan of the new sales navigator- the only benefit I received from any upgrade was being able to see everyone who looked at my profile.

Sales nav is decent with continued training I'm sure. I worked directly with a LinkedIn trainer about a year ago and they were still trying to figure out how to properly attack using LinkedIn as a sales resource.

I've considered publishing but its not a priority. For visibility and brand enhancement purposes publishing is not a bad idea.

I have noticed the articles are becoming over saturated with junk more and more-because they are giving everyone the freedom to publish.

Bottom line, LinkedIn used properly is great for making connections that could be difficult to make otherwise. I got in on it real early so I am very well versed on the ins and outs of how to properly set up LinkedIn to attract a flow to your page.

If anyone ever has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Peace

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
Thank you for your reply Kreedos.

I have a FREE month of Sales Navigator but I don't think that I will extend it.
It is a great tool but too expensive for me.

InMails are great and the fact that you can see who watched your profile as you said, but that's all. Oh and the Premium badge of course :)

However LinkedIn without Premium is still great, you don't necessarily need Premium.

If you want, let's connect on LinkedIn, you can find me: Dániel Marthi .

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Thank you for your reply Kreedos.

I have a FREE month of Sales Navigator but I don't think that I will extend it.
It is a great tool but too expensive for me.

InMails are great and the fact that you can see who watched your profile as you said, but that's all. Oh and the Premium badge of course :)

However LinkedIn without Premium is still great, you don't necessarily need Premium.

If you want, let's connect on LinkedIn, you can find me: Dániel Marthi .

Cancel the trial. Then in a week or so, start another free trial. Their system's messed up, so it allows you to keep getting free trials.

Also, there's a great course on Lynda.com on using LinkedIn for sales. Most people use it as a resume-holder, but should instead optimize their account and the site for generating and closing leads.

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
I don't think that it will work ... I had another free trial a year ago and I couln't try it again until that year passed.

I will check that course, thanks. I'm using it for getting sales, not as a Resume.

Ronald Linhart

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 7, 2014
California
Depending on the niche you're in, I think LinkedIN can be as good a channel as any other. You need to have a good profile and to have connection to look credible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.