The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life Perspective

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
A man with 1000000 bucks has more chances to be happy vs a man with 100 bucks in his pocket.

We may be talking about different things here. A person with 1M dollars has more opportunities to buy things of pleasure. I am talking about state of mind. You can be sailing on your yacht with all the luxuries of life but still be a cranky a**hole. :)

We can agree to disagree. We are both stating our opinions which we are both very entitled to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Schmidty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jan 19, 2014
Santa Barbara, CA

A man with 1000000 bucks has more chances to be happy vs a man with 100 bucks in his pocket.

A person with 1M dollars has more opportunities to buy things of pleasure. I am talking about state of mind. You can be sailing on your yacht with all the luxuries of life but still be a cranky a**hole

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
It's really, really great you started this post @SteveO. Much appreciated and I personally, love these topics to debate and share.

being unhappy was MY choice

It is not all about money either.
So many truths you have written in this thread. I see maturity happened. It doesn't necessarily have to do with age. I'm on the same page as you @SteveO.

my focus is on helping others.
Z...I LOVE helping others. I find fulfillment in doing this...especially since I'm at the mindset that when I do something for someone I truly, absolutely expect nothing in return. It's awesome.

It has always been truly mind boggling to me when I take time to think about things people have done for me and how it's affected my life.

Example: I worked at a strip club. I got that strip club job because a friend of mine who worked there recommended me. I hated it. I got to know a handful of 'regulars'. I am friends with 3 of them now. One 'regular' and I were talking and we had the love of reading books in common. His next visit, he brought me "Ready for Anything" by David Allen. (He owns a distribution/publishing company) Somehow, and I don't remember exactly how...that book eventually lead me to TMF book. He and I meet once/mo for breakfast and talk (he always brings a new book). He has now read TMF and is re-thinking how he wants to live the rest of his life.

Because of those series of events, I've got my own business started and now am in talks with another 'regular' on partnering up in a importing business.

This is the stuff about life I love. Things happen...not always good, we know. But taking time out of the day...sitting and contemplating your life is a good thing.

Sorry if I got too far off subject guys..hmm..A.D.D.

I've been thinking about something too...you know...money does buy happiness. Absolutely. It just doesn't buy a happy life.

Keep it going guys. Good stuff.

Last edited:
S

stranger

We may be talking about different things here. A person with 1M dollars has more opportunities to buy things of pleasure. I am talking about state of mind. You can be sailing on your yacht with all the luxuries of life but still be a cranky a**hole. :)

We can agree to disagree. We are both stating our opinions which we are both very entitled to.
I think pleasure is part of happiness. Why some people go to the church to get pleasure for their minds, not for their bodies. Others buy a bottle of vodka to feel happiness.
I understand your statement very well. This sounds like THE HAPPINESS IS YOUR MINDSET. Am I right!
A guy who can buy a boat is unhappy. Another guy who dreams about the boat but cannot buy that craft is happy. I find something wrong in this.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
This not only applies to money but how you seek to validate yourself in general. Do you say I AM THE BEST AND EVERYONE LOVES ME!!! Or are you awesome instead?

My net worth is growing rapidly again. But that is not my focus on life. My focus is to do the things that I need to do and have fun with everything. Every little challenge that we present ourselves is an opportunity for us to learn. If we look at things as good and bad, we lose a lot of that opportunity.

That awesome attitude starts within for sure. Being grateful, profound in understanding and intending to make good changes helps cultivate it.

Character. If you don't have it, money won't matter.

Last edited:

Wuz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Nov 16, 2013
Find something to do with your life, remember that you will be death soon or later, and you will be too busy living to see if you re happy or not.

S

stranger

Find something to do with your life, remember that you will be death soon or later, and you will be too busy living to see if you re happy or not.
Sorry, but your post sounds like nothing matter because all we'll be death soon or later. It's 1 of the reasons why you should be a fastlaner.LOL

Wuz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Nov 16, 2013
Sorry, but your post sounds like nothing matter because all we'll be death soon or later. It's 1 of the reasons why you should be a fastlaner.LOL

People prefer to find ,first the perfect path and way, to do things. It aint gonna happen. Nobody guarantes that what you gonna do will bring you results.

THis is why its important do do something with your life right now, so you can improve along the way.

if you stop worry about whether you re feeling good or not, and start work on something that you know ,that there is probabilities in bring you something you want, those doubts and internal conflicts in your head, have little space in your mind,because you re "too busy living".

Self doubt is a normal thing, but it starts creeping your head, if you have too much empty time and nothing to do.

For example, people that make progress threads in this forum and participate and give feedback every single day in those same threads, did you see them, creating topics or discuss whether they re happy or not?

They re focused in getting what they want. And this is what makes their lifes, for them, worth it.

Happiness is a abstract concept.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks for contributing to this thread @stranger . I wish you all the money and happiness that this world has to offer. :hurray: After all, money is why we are here on this forum!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
For example, people that make progress threads in this forum and participate and give feedback every single day in those same threads, did you see them, creating topics or discuss whether they re happy or not?

I agree with this. You do not need to discuss whether you are happy or not. It is a frame of mind. We are all pursuing our desires based on our perspectives.

I would like to be happy and realize the pleasures that come with this and all other aspects of our life. I want to feel that connectedness with keeping my home protected and dry while I am working on the roof. I want to feel the smiles on my family members as they devour a second slice of pumpkin pie. I want to fully understand the experience that my dogs are feeling as there tails wag while we are heading out the door for a walk.

I also want to understand when my mom expresses to me that I don't call or come over enough. Even if it is her 4th call for the day. I want to be able to put myself into my tenant's shoes when they tell me that gravel gets onto their walkway and into their house. It is important to me that I feel good about pouring a little slab of concrete for them.

I believe that you will have better and stronger results as you build your business if you have the ability to stay happy. You will also get more pleasure from life.

Wuz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Nov 16, 2013
I agree with this. You do not need to discuss whether you are happy or not. It is a frame of mind. We are all pursuing our desires based on our perspectives.

I would like to be happy and realize the pleasures that come with this and all other aspects of our life. I want to feel that connectedness with keeping my home protected and dry while I am working on the roof. I want to feel the smiles on my family members as they devour a second slice of pumpkin pie. I want to fully understand the experience that my dogs are feeling as there tails wag while we are heading out the door for a walk.

I also want to understand when my mom expresses to me that I don't call or come over enough. Even if it is her 4th call for the day. I want to be able to put myself into my tenant's shoes when they tell me that gravel gets onto their walkway and into their house. It is important to me that I feel good about pouring a little slab of concrete for them.

I believe that you will have better and stronger results as you build your business if you have the ability to stay happy. You will also get more pleasure from life.

Relationships are the essence of life. And i agree with what you say. My point here is, for those folks out there worrying about whether they re happy or not, or if the path they re in, will bring them hapiness, is a waste of time.

I think i was misunderstood, my argument was not to lock yourself in the room, live a miserable life, and work 24 hours a day in a business, until you get the millions, and then you can enjoy life.

This is playing stupid. There is things that you can´t do later in life, time moves ,and things change.

We can make progress in our goals and still have fun, instead of 100 percent for fun, make 50 work, 50 fun or whatever combination of racios you want to do.. It feels better the fun ,after you work your a$$ off. It makes you feel well, because you know you deserve the fun you re having.

And makes you more fulfilled, because while other people are walking in this world bored and with no sense of direction, you know that after the "fun is over" you have more fun/work waiting for you (your goals). You have something to look foward in the weekdays.

You dont mindfuck yourself with little problems in life, you have a bigger vision to yourself, those things become irrelevant to you.

If this vision is what you really want, doesnt matter, if itis something you want, go look for it, dont F*cking waste time with analysis, do something.

And guess what , if you do something the probabilities of you find the right path are bigger.

My point is: Find something that you want to do ,that can bring you what you want ,and then make most of your time.

Plan your time in order to enjoy life and at the same time make progress in your goals.

It´s difficult to find that balance sometimes, choices must be made, but "sometimes" doesnt mean "always". if you re smart using your time, you can have the best from both worlds.

S

stranger

Today, I sold my article and I've spend that money to order an unusually birthday's cake my for treasured nephew who will be getting 4 years old a day. And I'm happy today. This is just a simple example how even little money can bring a daily happiness.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.