The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life Isn't Unfair, You're Idea of Fairness is Broken

Idea threads

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
http://oliveremberton.com/2014/the-problem-isnt-that-life-is-unfair-its-your-broken-idea-of-fairness/

I almost don't want to quote it or excerpt it because the whole thing is worth reading as it sits, but this alone should do it:

"Our idea of fairness isn’t actually obtainable.
It’s really just a cloak for wishful thinking
."

And:

Graph-2.png

This article is a bonanza of fastlane thinking.

Edit: Also, if one of the mods could change the title to read Life Isn't Unfair; Your Idea of Fairness Is Broken, that would be great. Should have been more careful with my grammar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It's a very good article. I think for myself, I don't bother whether life is fair or unfair anymore. I believe we like to compete and compare ourselves to other people, and is a negative downward spiral, which will only get you in a negative state of mind. I've learned this myself. So, basically take your focus off competition and other people. For the simple reason you can focus on your entrepreneurship and not get sucked back into negative thoughts. I think that comes back to leave the past and future where it is, and stay in the now. Otherwise you can end up making bad choices.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Seen how many times that article was shared?

:cool:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Human Nature is predictable. Life isn't fair. I think people have to accept life isn't fair. You're powerless what a spouse does. You're powerless over what a parent does. Your powerless over what companies do or business partners. Even if you are wealthy, make one bad choice, or someone else you did business with, there's always the moment it has a cause and effect on your life.

Entrepreneurs aren't exempt from falling back in this mind set when things go sour temporarily. Fortunately, the human mind isn't going to be positive 24/7 365 days a year. Even if you manage your emotions, regulate them, in training every day of some sort, and meditation, there's always an event which can set you back.

It really is your emotional attachment to the situation. It all is about how much you have invested in the situation. How many years? How much time? How much have you sacrificed? How much you've disciplined? I think even you can be a champion sports player and freeze and go in High Arousel.

This all comes down to fear again. Life is unfair because you're thinking about everything you've invested, and you're thinking also about uncertainty and the outcome of the future. You're looking around and comparing yourself, competing with your competition, and you lose your emotional and mental grounding, because you're looking else where at what everyone else is doing. You're looking at what they have and you don't.

Like I stated, you're going into a negative spiral the more you're focusing on everything else. Which swings you into low arousal. It's like quick sand. If you just know life is unfair, you can accept you will always run into obstacles, and focus on how to get around the obstacles. As an entrepreneur, you're a problem solver. Finding the solution. You'll never make it as entrepreneur if you're worried about how all unfair life is.

If M.J. or Vigilante worried about how all unfair life was, this forum wouldn't be here, and they wouldn't be here, because they'd be still taking no action and dwelling on how unfair life is.

I think this kind of article doesn't belong in the forum personally. It's a choice to read this kind of stuff, or keep your aim higher. What you read, determines where your focus is. You focus on the wrong things, it produces fear, and you will create bad thinking patterns and habits.

This is what we're here for, to win as entrepreneurs. We're not here to go backwards and but move forward. Accept life is unfair from the get go. Nothing is fair. Every successful entrepreneur in the world knows this. As a deep thinker, idealist, and INFJ, I can tell you, no one knows this better then me.

This forum the last two years has basically taught me sometimes you just have to tell your mind to "Shut up!" and instead of think...think...think..as introverts, you really have to silence the mind and take action regardless of what you're emotions and thoughts are telling you. I know extroverts can do the same, but I believe introverts have more of a problem with this, because they are deep thinkers.

Focus....is everything. What are you focused on? What you're focused on determines the outcome. It's like driving a race care 100 miles an hour down a track and looking out the window and waving and crashing your car because you're not paying attention to where you're driving.

If there is an explosion every so many yards, what are you going to do? Pay attention to how unfair it is you're in a bad situation and get killed, or learn to maneuver the car, and problem solve. If you're going to think about how unfair life is, entrepreneurship isn't the right path for you.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014