The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life is strange...

Untio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 15, 2020
Spain
I think I'm a rebel with no particular purpose. I started working at 17 while trying to finish highschool to get some money. Shity jobs , bartender, construction worker, etc... Utterly bored in school I saw no purpose for all of that plus I felt that people teaching me was mediocre. Spent most of my time and money taking drugs and drinking on weekends with "friends".

I dropped out of school at 20 and left my parents house. I found a Job as crane operator in a junkyard 1000km from my home. No preparation required. Well paid, €3.5K a month but 12hrs a day 6 days a week. I quit after 10 months. Bunch of money, no life and I was 20!

I got sick of working and I didn't have any interest in going back to school so, smart me, I decided to spend an entire year doing nothing but enjoying girls and life spending the money earned.

Cash started to run low and I have had enough of "life enjoyments” so I thought, with no studies whatsoever I am condemned to work like hell. I would better follow my parents advice and do something while Im young.I came back to my parents house, finished high school at 23 and studied 2 more years to be a superior refrigeration technician. I hated every single clas day but I made it.

Did I improve my life? Absolutely not. It was supposed to end working in an office designing new installations and doing paperwork but I ended cleaning dirt and repairing air conditioners and refrigeration units in supermarkets. Working 12 to 15 hours a day for less than 1200€. I felt cheate, the effort was not worth it.

3 years and 3 jobs later as a technician I had an accident with my car, my girlfriend cheated on me and I quit my job after arguing with my boss. All in the same week! Man life was joking to me...

Devastated I took a one way ticket to Southamerica, Perú, wanting to leave all behind, a new start. I just took a backpack with a couple of shirts and trousers and a healthy bank account (I never spent money on shit) so I was pretty confident while trying to find my way again.

Traveling alone for a couple of months, Lima-Cuzco-Machu Picchu...met a lot of people on the road and finally stayed at a hostel to work and rest like a month or so, altitude sickness hit hard on me...

I started to feet complete for the first time in my life, I was doing what I wanted whenever I wanted. I was enjoying life and being appreciated for my skills wherever I went but while working there I felt more tired every day that passed and I barely could breath. The doctors there said that I had pneumonia aggravated by the altitude...

The owner of the hostel offered me a position as manager asistant but I felt so sick that I asked to travel first to a lower place to get better from my altitude sickness. I promised that I would come back to take that job after recovering.

That never happened, almost unable to breathe I traveled to a village in the middle of the brazilian amazonas and stayed there one week until I blacked out in the middle of the night. When I woke up, I managed to find a place to get an x-ray that revealed a huge mass in the middle of my chest. Nobody helped me. People was liying in the floor with denge.

Man, that couldn't be true, life mocking on me again. Googled what could that thing be. Given the circumstances, pericarditis, I concluded after a quick search (I wanted it to be a pericarditis next probable thing was no an option)

Arranged a flight to Lima asap to go to the hospital assigned by my travel insurance. I was right! I had a pericarditis...caused by a huge tumor around my heart. A stage 3 lymphoma the size of my head. F*ck!

After 10 day in the ICU I came back to Spain to receive treatment. Quimo was tough, months pased and I needed something to have my mind occupied so I started my first business with no idea of what I was doing, An Online shop! At that point I had nothing to lose, I didn't know if I could make it either so.

I convinced some friends to put some money on stock from China. I took care of everything, the import, the website, learning facebook ads, the shipments, etc. It took me 6 months to get rid of 3000 units of that crap but I did it, I learned a lot and even made 200€ profit after 4k in sales
:rofl:
We went to dinner with that money.

After that I still had Cancer but I found something that I liked so I invested my time in learning more about Ecommerce, marketing,etc. I found out about the Dropshipping model as well. Next shop was using this model, easier, and I was able to make 50k in sales 10% profit but then flopped. You earn or you learn..

After one year of treatment I beated the cancer and with my last store I made 180k in sales in 2.5 months 35k net but then Covid hit...I know this is not a business. Not sustainability or value added. Violates practically all the C.E.N.T.S principles but it's what I learned to do.

I'm 31 now and I feel I wasted a lot of time but after all I have lived I feel that everything is possible. I want to succeed so badly, to make a real business and go fastlane. I need it but I want to do it right. Hopefully I will make it soon. My problem right now is fear or failure. It's funny because I have more fear now than when I was facing death.

At least I have cleaned my life. No crappy people, no vices, no TV, no social media, no shit. Hopefully all will fall in place someday.

Well it was a long thread, if you have managed to get to this point thank you very much for your time reading my "journey" through life my beginning as "entrepreneur". I thought that I have to give back to @MJ DeMarco some of the value in the form of my life experience, maybe it will encourage others to keep pushing. If not I felt well sharing it and I hope to contribute to this group whenever I can.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I think I'm a rebel with no particular purpose. I started working at 17 while trying to finish highschool to get some money. Shity jobs , bartender, construction worker, etc... Utterly bored in school I saw no purpose for all of that plus I felt that people teaching me was mediocre. Spent most of my time and money taking drugs and drinking on weekends with "friends".

I dropped out of school at 20 and left my parents house. I found a Job as crane operator in a junkyard 1000km from my home. No preparation required. Well paid, €3.5K a month but 12hrs a day 6 days a week. I quit after 10 months. Bunch of money, no life and I was 20!

I got sick of working and I didn't have any interest in going back to school so, smart me, I decided to spend an entire year doing nothing but enjoying girls and life spending the money earned.

Cash started to run low and I have had enough of "life enjoyments” so I thought, with no studies whatsoever I am condemned to work like hell. I would better follow my parents advice and do something while Im young.I came back to my parents house, finished high school at 23 and studied 2 more years to be a superior refrigeration technician. I hated every single clas day but I made it.

Did I improve my life? Absolutely not. It was supposed to end working in an office designing new installations and doing paperwork but I ended cleaning dirt and repairing air conditioners and refrigeration units in supermarkets. Working 12 to 15 hours a day for less than 1200€. I felt cheate, the effort was not worth it.

3 years and 3 jobs later as a technician I had an accident with my car, my girlfriend cheated on me and I quit my job after arguing with my boss. All in the same week! Man life was joking to me...

Devastated I took a one way ticket to Southamerica, Perú, wanting to leave all behind, a new start. I just took a backpack with a couple of shirts and trousers and a healthy bank account (I never spent money on shit) so I was pretty confident while trying to find my way again.

Traveling alone for a couple of months, Lima-Cuzco-Machu Picchu...met a lot of people on the road and finally stayed at a hostel to work and rest like a month or so, altitude sickness hit hard on me...

I started to feet complete for the first time in my life, I was doing what I wanted whenever I wanted. I was enjoying life and being appreciated for my skills wherever I went but while working there I felt more tired every day that passed and I barely could breath. The doctors there said that I had pneumonia aggravated by the altitude...

The owner of the hostel offered me a position as manager asistant but I felt so sick that I asked to travel first to a lower place to get better from my altitude sickness. I promised that I would come back to take that job after recovering.

That never happened, almost unable to breathe I traveled to a village in the middle of the brazilian amazonas and stayed there one week until I blacked out in the middle of the night. When I woke up, I managed to find a place to get an x-ray that revealed a huge mass in the middle of my chest. Nobody helped me. People was liying in the floor with denge.

Man, that couldn't be true, life mocking on me again. Googled what could that thing be. Given the circumstances, pericarditis, I concluded after a quick search (I wanted it to be a pericarditis next probable thing was no an option)

Arranged a flight to Lima asap to go to the hospital assigned by my travel insurance. I was right! I had a pericarditis...caused by a huge tumor around my heart. A stage 3 lymphoma the size of my head. f*ck!

After 10 day in the ICU I came back to Spain to receive treatment. Quimo was tough, months pased and I needed something to have my mind occupied so I started my first business with no idea of what I was doing, An Online shop! At that point I had nothing to lose, I didn't know if I could make it either so.

I convinced some friends to put some money on stock from China. I took care of everything, the import, the website, learning facebook ads, the shipments, etc. It took me 6 months to get rid of 3000 units of that crap but I did it, I learned a lot and even made 200€ profit after 4k in sales
:rofl:
We went to dinner with that money.

After that I still had Cancer but I found something that I liked so I invested my time in learning more about Ecommerce, marketing,etc. I found out about the Dropshipping model as well. Next shop was using this model, easier, and I was able to make 50k in sales 10% profit but then flopped. You earn or you learn..

After one year of treatment I beated the cancer and with my last store I made 180k in sales in 2.5 months 35k net but then Covid hit...I know this is not a business. Not sustainability or value added. Violates practically all the C.E.N.T.S principles but it's what I learned to do.

I'm 31 now and I feel I wasted a lot of time but after all I have lived I feel that everything is possible. I want to succeed so badly, to make a real business and go fastlane. I need it but I want to do it right. Hopefully I will make it soon. My problem right now is fear or failure. It's funny because I have more fear now than when I was facing death.

At least I have cleaned my life. No crappy people, no vices, no TV, no social media, no shit. Hopefully all will fall in place someday.

Well it was a long thread, if you have managed to get to this point thank you very much for your time reading my "journey" through life my beginning as "entrepreneur". I thought that I have to give back to @MJ DeMarco some of the value in the form of my life experience, maybe it will encourage others to keep pushing. If not I felt well sharing it and I hope to contribute to this group whenever I can.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
;)
Welcome @Untio.
Wow, what a journey!

Thank goodness you recovered your health timely, and broke into your first business moves.
And no, I don't think you've wasted too much time!

You've travelled to places I've never been before, and cleared out lots of toxic people and things cleaner than myself lol. So, all that experience and space can be an advantage for you.

To deal with fear of failure, understand that entrepreneurship is not about facing risk head-on.
It's about reducing risk as much as you can- as James Altucher opinionates.

And one of the ways to reduce your risk in business (and tackle fear in the bud), is to get the right starving market to sell the right product to, with the right message.

Here's one thread that could help you. There are many more like this:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great story, if you can beat cancer, the business thing is a walk in the park.

Welcome.

Untio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 15, 2020
Spain
Welcome @Untio.
Wow, what a journey!

Thank goodness you recovered your health timely, and broke into your first business moves.
And no, I don't think you've wasted too much time!

You've travelled to places I've never been before, and cleared out lots of toxic people and things cleaner than myself lol. So, all that experience and space can be an advantage for you.

To deal with fear of failure, understand that entrepreneurship is not about facing risk head-on.
It's about reducing risk as much as you can- as James Altucher opinionates.

And one of the ways to reduce your risk in business (and tackle fear in the bud), is to get the right starving market to sell the right product to, with the right message.

Here's one thread that could help you. There are many more like this:
Yeah looking back encourages me. I'm still trying to figure my way out of dropshipping. Still improving skills and geting confidence. Thank you for your words @ZF Lee

!

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Bro.... you came back from the dead. You almost died.

Fear of failure?

That's a thing that in my opinion will never go away.

You've had success. Yes, it's maybe mediocre. But you know how to make money.

You'll figure it out.

We're here to help. (not me personally, I'm just a naive stupid kid) but there are guys here who can answer questions.

Welcome to the forum.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
What a story! Ever thought about writing a blog or even a book?
I know the struggle of getting started and being scared of failure. While I still struggle with it, I learned that having a business with friends can help overcome it, at least in my case. Wish you all the best.

pappaishere

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 8, 2020
Australia
What a story! I'm sure that you'll figure it out how @Untio!

By the way, after the covid situation will calm down, I want to make a long journey with my savings in the world, for figuring what I need to do in this life, like how you did.

I have a question for you, did your journey had clean your mind on your purpose or your interests?

Last edited:

Untio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 15, 2020
Spain
Bro.... you came back from the dead. You almost died.

Fear of failure?

That's a thing that in my opinion will never go away.

You've had success. Yes, it's maybe mediocre. But you know how to make money.

You'll figure it out.

We're here to help. (not me personally, I'm just a naive stupid kid) but there are guys here who can answer questions.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you @eTox. Yeah I think is silly if I analyce it. I'm usually the guy who gives good advice but don't follow it himself...XD

I don't know you but I don't think you are naive or stupid. Don't sell yourself short, I believe that everyone has something to contribute to the world.

Last edited:

Untio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 15, 2020
Spain
What a story! Ever thought about writing a blog or even a book?
I know the struggle of getting started and being scared of failure. While I still struggle with it, I learned that having a business with friends can help overcome it, at least in my case. Wish you all the best.
Than you @Kasimir. Yeah I thought about it, a book maybe but the story is not finished yet. I think it needs a worthy ending that adds value to people to consider publishing it and exposing me.

I agree, sharing interest with someone boost motivation but not much people is in the same mindset. This forum is a gold mine in that aspect. Lets see what I can do. Thanks for the encouragement.

Untio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 15, 2020
Spain
What a story! I'm sure that you'll figure it out how @Untio!

By the way, after the covid situation will calm down, I want to make a long journey with my savings in the world, for figuring what I need to do in this life, like how you did.

I have a question for you, did your journey had clean your mind on your purpose or your interests?
Well, I definitely found a lot of things about myself. That trip was more a need than a desire and it helped me to breath for sure, take new perspectives. I remember those days as some of the best of my life to be honest. Hope it helps.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Than you @Kasimir. Yeah I thought about it, a book maybe but the story is not finished yet. I think it needs a worthy ending that adds value to people to consider publishing it and exposing me.

I agree, sharing interest with someone boost motivation but not much people is in the same mindset. This forum is a gold mine in that aspect. Lets see what I can do. Thanks for the encouragement.
There are many people with the exact same mindset you just need to find them. Wish you all the best let us know if we can do anything for you

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
What an absolutely unique life you have lived, you have certainly had a bunch of "bumps" and I am happy for you that wasting time in a college was not one of them!

With such a wonderful background, you are certainly in an incredible position to move forward, I am excited for your continued journey!

Welcome!

Untio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 15, 2020
Spain
What an absolutely unique life you have lived, you have certainly had a bunch of "bumps" and I am happy for you that wasting time in a college was not one of them!

With such a wonderful background, you are certainly in an incredible position to move forward, I am excited for your continued journey!

Welcome!
Thank you @ShepardHumphries

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.