What's new

Life hack that's been working for me.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

AndrewNC

Limitless
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
2,486
Rep Bank
$5,240
User Power: 434%
In personal development they say that we are motivated to run away from pain or towards pleasure.
  • The successful entrepreneurs I've met are wired to run towards pleasure.
  • The ones that struggle, are still motivated more by running away from pain.
Do you want to actually be wealthy, or are you tired of feeling like you are broke?

They also say "energy flows where attention goes".

As many of you know, I run a business that digs deep on the inner game of having success in life. On this forum, I have a follow along thread of one area I work with - which is busienss. But the same holds true for helping others with relationships and other things they want in life as well.

Energy flows where attention goes.

On the surface I always said I wanted financial abundance, relationship abundance, etc. But deep down, I was always running away from scarcity (bank account hitting zero or being lonely). Even though most of us consciously don't address it, those deep down fears are keeping us connected to living a life of scarcity.

The solution I found that works for me?

It was actually in relationships where I discovered this before I drew a parallel to business.

I wasn't OK with the thought of being alone. I spent three weeks putting all the life hack tools I know to use (NLP, LOA, EFT, practical skills, meeting with other practitioners, and making friends with pickup artists).

I learned that in order to release this attachment to the negative "away from pain" filter that was holding me back...I had to release the negative emotions that connected me to it.

I used my own set of tools to release this emotion and went to my mentors to help...and when I finally got to the point where I was emotionally OK with being alone, I grew more confident as a person, and I'm now having much better success in my relationships.

Now, instead of running away from failure, I now only run towards success. There is no attachment to scarcity, and in my mind, that scarcity is not real anymore.

Then, i applied it to business.

I made a lot of money, traveled for two years, and I got comfortable.

I didn't work because I was making passive income. That "away from pain" was not there, so I wasn't driven to grow my business. Then my business crashed last october, and I felt that pain...now I'm growing it back to much higher levels.

But it wasn't until I became emotionally ok/aligned with the thought of being broke and losing it all/living my previous fears, until I was able to remove that 'away from' filter.

Now - I'm able to be super motivated to work and grow, even when I reach that "comfort" level that most of us strive for.

Either way, this was just a quick mind dump while I'm about to leave a coffee shop here in Boulder to get home and do some more work (4:04 pm on a sunday...). The specifics of how it's done may be too much for a simple post, but from my experience in relationships and business...

When you can become OK with the thought of your fears unfolding, they no longer have control over you, and this will allow you to have that filter that most successful people have...of running towards what you want.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O tqipv e muv ug vjot xiilipf vjoploph ecuav nz dassipv nopftiv epf jux O piif vu tjogv ov vuxesf e getvmepi qistqidvowi.

O'wi ciip e tewis nz ipvosi mogi vjev O mowi op tdesdovz qsuvidvoph emm ug nz movvmi fummest. O duni gsun e tmuxmepi ipwosupnipv tu O jewi e tmuxmepi nopftiv. O muul ev xjev O'wi xuslif jesf gus epf gies mutoph ov.

Iwip xjip O qasqutigammz dsievif e tiqesevi ceplsumm et e djemmiphi vu nztimg, O tvomm jumf upvu ov, egseof O'mm jewi vu tvesv uwis. Ov ot ep opvipti qtzdjumuhodem cmudl vjev O'n vszoph vu uwisduni. Ov't voni vu tiv tuni pix djemmiphit epf hiv uwis vjev tdesdovz nopftiv.

Vjepl zua gus qutvoph vjot et ov siemmz nefi ni vjopl ecuav xjev O'wi ciip huoph vjsuahj mevimz.
 
Timg onqsuwinipv o cimoiwi ot vji nutv wovem vjoph op mogi. Xjodj ot xjz o moli zua . O cimoiwi nutv vji tvagg zua tez c/d o iyqisoipdi vji teni.

O'wi huvvip uwis vji gies ug tdesdovz epf pux on xusloph up cioph civvis ev iyidavoup. O emxezt gopf zuas qutvt opvisitvoph
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom