The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life Changing Moment!!

Tycoon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
I'm an entrepreneur in Sweden that have hit "rock bottom". I'm tired of no real progress.. and now it's time for CHANGE!

Why? Well, to make a long story short:
  • I've tried to start up a business - but after almost one year of trying to raise capital I've reached my limit and recognized its a misstake to try raising money when you have "nothing" but a great plan and idea.
  • Sick and tired of living with my parents - have finally realised that I have to cut loose to succeed.
  • Change of climate/environment - Just like MJ, we have painful, long, dark and harsh winters in Sweden.
  • No money or momentum - Not earned one dime since I first started the entrepreneurial path.
  • Lack of Inspiration/opportunities in my surroundings in the small town I live in
  • Need to improve my communication skills/influence and persuasion skills in the right working environment - Very hard today.

So, what's my plan? To be honest.. not 100% sure yet. That's why I seek your advice here on the forum.

One alternative I'm thinking of is to move to Dubai (UAE), which seems to be what I'm searching for.

My potential plan:
Get a job -> Earn some money/Establish a life -> Start a business (that needs close to zero funding) meanwhile having a job -> Get in the game full time when the business have traction/momentum.

So, my questions to you is:
First, what do you think of this plan?
If anyone has experience, how is Dubai (both in finding a job without any experience/a degree)?
How is the business/entrepreneurial environment like over there?
Any better suggestions of what I can do?

Thanks,
D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
But, but.. your a tycoon.. I don't really have any advice except to say good luck in whatever you decide.

Oh and I think you should get a job and save as much as you can to put toward your business in the future.

Tycoon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
But, but.. your a tycoon.. I don't really have any advice except to say good luck in whatever you decide.

Oh and I think you should get a job and save as much as you can to put toward your business in the future.

Is it your ferrari on your profile pic? If so, is it a F430?

If it is, you are my new idol and I will follow your advice! ;)

Maestro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 20, 2011
Well I have to say, that there arent really any plan here.

You say you want to move to Dubai to get a job, but what qualifications do you posess? What company would hire you and why?

And as you've been in the game for a year and have not made a single krone, you are not to rely fully on this path yet.

However I fully understand you situation. I am sick and tired of the Scandinavian whether/winter too. I am currently working full time, saving up money while I work on my import/export business, and hopefully I will have a big enough cashflow to move to south east asia come January.

My advice; get some start up cash and get more specific about your strategy.

Best of luck.

-Søren

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Is it your ferrari on your profile pic? If so, is it a F430?

If it is, you are my new idol and I will follow your advice! ;)

Yes, that is a pic of my 430.. Great car lots of fun... Just drove it yesterday.

Not sure if you should follow my advice.. Cause it took me until I was 26 to get my first one..

Tycoon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
Yes, that is a pic of my 430.. Great car lots of fun... Just drove it yesterday.

Not sure if you should follow my advice.. Cause it took me until I was 26 to get my first one..

But, you did get one. That's a great accomplishment!

What would you have done in my position as a 19 years old aspiring entrepreneur?

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I would figure out quick what I wanted to do and do that. There is money to be made in anything and everything..

What do you like to do?

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
However I fully understand you situation. I am sick and tired of the Scandinavian whether/winter too.

But I heard you have crazy weekends over there, and thought to come check it out with some friends:)

First, what do you think of this plan?

I'd say almost any action is better than no action, so even if you were a bartender or whatever, it's good to start moving things, and yes, the job is necessary for the start, just to get some food on the table and allow you minimal startup money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.