Can you license a (secret) recipe? How would I find people to license it to?
I happen to have the recipe for a very busy local doughnut shop, they always have customers lined up out the door but aren't very successful financially because they lack business sense, they want to franchise, but haven't been able to yet, I figure I could beat them to it, but I don't want to get into the food industry for myself, knowing how hard it is. I feel it would be more fastlane to license the secret recipe to someone who has the ability to start a big franchise right away, for royalties or even for equity.
so the question is, can you license a recipe? if so, how would you go about finding someone who would be interested, and what kind of royalty could you expect to charge.
It may seem trivial to you but this shop was voted best doughnuts in my country, so maybe someone wants that recipe, I just don't know how to find them
I happen to have the recipe for a very busy local doughnut shop, they always have customers lined up out the door but aren't very successful financially because they lack business sense, they want to franchise, but haven't been able to yet, I figure I could beat them to it, but I don't want to get into the food industry for myself, knowing how hard it is. I feel it would be more fastlane to license the secret recipe to someone who has the ability to start a big franchise right away, for royalties or even for equity.
so the question is, can you license a recipe? if so, how would you go about finding someone who would be interested, and what kind of royalty could you expect to charge.
It may seem trivial to you but this shop was voted best doughnuts in my country, so maybe someone wants that recipe, I just don't know how to find them
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
