Hey everyone -
I was thinking about getting into real estate myself and the great debate on starting off seems to be centered on the use of 'leverage'. When I say 'leverage' I'm referring to an up front loan. My dad's a Real Estate Broker himself and swears by the benefits of leverage. Naturally the benefits of leverage show up when you make the 'right' purchase. But the wrong purchase can dig you a pretty deep hole. Perspectives of people like Dave Ramsey don't help my dilemma much either. Wanted to see what the consensus was on these forums, what is your take on leverage and what was your strategy when you started off?
Thanks for your input!
I was thinking about getting into real estate myself and the great debate on starting off seems to be centered on the use of 'leverage'. When I say 'leverage' I'm referring to an up front loan. My dad's a Real Estate Broker himself and swears by the benefits of leverage. Naturally the benefits of leverage show up when you make the 'right' purchase. But the wrong purchase can dig you a pretty deep hole. Perspectives of people like Dave Ramsey don't help my dilemma much either. Wanted to see what the consensus was on these forums, what is your take on leverage and what was your strategy when you started off?
Thanks for your input!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
