The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slowlane BS or a Good Strategy ?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Stanisław

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 18, 2022
A moment ago I have seen this video -
View: https://youtu.be/Qqr9KKb1SXQ
I have watched it because it is said that this guy has a good camera presence and that is a skill that I am working on that will help me explode my INCOME. This dude is retired at 31 with two kids so that does not sound like a Slowlane - 31 is not old. This dude states "THE SECRET IS THAT IT COMES DOWN TO YOUR SAVINGS RATE AND NOT YOUR INCOME" - what the heck ???. It's actually ridiculous because this guy literally exploded his income via content creation on the internet and then he focused on real estate from what I have got to know. He also mentions an article by Mr Money Moustache with such a chart:
Savings Rate(Percent%)Working Years Until Retirement

So is this dude just spreading SLOWLANE strategies to get viewer's attention when he firstly increased his income via FASTLANE ???

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Yes,

Increasing savings rate is easier than increasing income. If you want people to listen, you tell them the easy solution, not necessarily the right solution. If a person thinks they earn good money, they may stop listening if you tell them to make more. This is because they may be equating money with time, thus to earn more means to work more hours.

If this content producer assumes this about you and adapts his advice in this way, why listen to him?

Neither income nor savings rate is correct, as one cannot exist without the other. It is the product of income * savings rate that builds wealth.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
So if you earn 384 a week (20k a year) saving 70% leaves only 115, and in eight and a half years saving you will have only have saved just under 120K. Firstly, with you will have great fun living on that , and secondly, for all that scrimping you will have six years worth of money, or twenty if you've got use to living on such low amount, some retirement!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Isn’t the secret: you need maybe 1500 a minth for livong. So it your saving rate is 70%:
1500= 30%
1500/30*100= 5000.
So with 5000 income a month you save 3500 a month, 42000 a year.

After 8,5 years, its 357000.
well, if you want to retire at 357000, you can live at 1500 a month for 29,88 years. 4% interest(etf) , tax 26%, no inflation.

Ok.....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Think about what happens to you as a person when you do this.

1. You have a boring life. You save all of your money and live on scraps like a little slave.
2. This does nothing to drive your income higher, all you think about is "less".
3. You burn up your time on earth doing nothing because stuff costs money.
4. You keep your income low this way, never being motivated to make more, never taking risks, always saving. You can't pay a grand for a new business idea, it's out of your 'budget'.
5. Now that you've done nothing for 20 years, it's time to do even more nothing for 40 years, since now you don't work, but you spend the same amount of money, and you couldn't save up a lot because you never grew your income because you never took any risks that cost money.
6. Now you're dead. You did nothing, you spent nothing, you made nothing, you took a lot of breaths and ate a lot of cheap meals and took a lot of shits and that was it, time to die. But you won't mind being dead, you do nothing for an eternity, it's right up your alley!

Imagine you were talking with a person who said "I receive 5 pennies a day. I live in the woods. I can eat bugs to save money. If I can just reduce my spending to 2 pennies a day, I can save 3 pennies. When I get older I'll be able to buy a nice dinner for myself and maybe even a stay at a hotel one night before I die" You would think "what the F*ck is wrong with him?"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.