The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Leveling up

ChrisRays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 9, 2018
New York, NY
Hey Everyone!

I tried all sorts of businesses when younger to try to pay for college, but gave up and became a real estate broker in NYC instead. Then I opened my own brokerage 5 years ago. My work is exciting and glamorous at times and I'm grateful for the relative freedom and autonomy, but it is still a job, because it depends on my face time. I've met ordinary middle class folks, mega millionaires, a couple billionaires and the SCRIPTED world of the "poor" wealthy who only make $1M a year and can't afford a 3 bedroom and have entitled, unappreciative spouses. I see all types of relative insanity as well as amazing people who started with nothing and built an empire. I have always had an amazing work ethic but finally experienced severe burnout working 80-100 hour weeks, managing 12 agents, two startups, and dealing with negative people. Currently working on upgrading my skills to build a real, scalable business so this never happens again.

I'm interested in associating and learning with a like-minded community. After many months of waking up at 5am and working hard to improve my health, change my mindset, and develop myself further as an entrepreneur, at some point I realized that most people are asleep and want their suffering and drama way more than they are willing to make sacrifices to change, and if they won't lift a finger for themselves, it wasn't my job to do it for them, or be around them. Accountability and follow through seem to be rare in the general populace, but I know it exists in circles of exceptional people . It's great to find this forum and looking forward to learning and sharing experiences with you all.

@MJ DeMarco Thank you for Unscripted which is an eye opener! There is so much packed into this one book, I'm going to be carrying it around with me for a while. The Comparison Immunity chapter made me realize what a decent and perceptive human you are.

Cheers,

Christine

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Welcome to the forum!