Until OP can formulate what he is REALLY trying to find out (to himself as well), this is pointless.
I remember starting or posting in a good thread about budgeting here. I've never been a budgeter, but usually frugal. When you consider budgeting, it's like swallowing a bitter pill at first, but then you get this ease, everything is already determined, and I can see the benefit. Or so I thought, before I brushed all that aside and blew $2000 in 10 days while on vacation. So I looked at the money coming in this/next month, figured what is my spend after rent and savings, and lowered it by 30% or so. I've come up with 30 euros per day. That was a start - at least now there was an 'anchor' to measure against. So if I blew 100 eur in a night..cough cough..nightclubs in Palma last saturday... then now I need to take it easy and eat at home. But I will still go have a cheescake and a coffee just to break up my day and leave the house, the mental piece of it is important, id go crazy sitting inside and thinking it's good I saved five bucks.
Vigilante posted a very good tip some time back - when you are broke, FIRST THING you must do is put together 1000-2000. Just to have the mental space, to stop freaking out over not having "im broke" as the default thing in your mind. You won't "save" yourself there with $2 coffee. Just hustle and get there with PROFIT, and then you can relax.
I remember starting or posting in a good thread about budgeting here. I've never been a budgeter, but usually frugal. When you consider budgeting, it's like swallowing a bitter pill at first, but then you get this ease, everything is already determined, and I can see the benefit. Or so I thought, before I brushed all that aside and blew $2000 in 10 days while on vacation. So I looked at the money coming in this/next month, figured what is my spend after rent and savings, and lowered it by 30% or so. I've come up with 30 euros per day. That was a start - at least now there was an 'anchor' to measure against. So if I blew 100 eur in a night..cough cough..nightclubs in Palma last saturday... then now I need to take it easy and eat at home. But I will still go have a cheescake and a coffee just to break up my day and leave the house, the mental piece of it is important, id go crazy sitting inside and thinking it's good I saved five bucks.
Vigilante posted a very good tip some time back - when you are broke, FIRST THING you must do is put together 1000-2000. Just to have the mental space, to stop freaking out over not having "im broke" as the default thing in your mind. You won't "save" yourself there with $2 coffee. Just hustle and get there with PROFIT, and then you can relax.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
