The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let me reintroduce myself

Bubo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 14, 2011
Paris, France
Back in august 2011, I wrote to MJ DeMarco :

Hi MJ,
I just finished reading your book and I have to say this is the best book about "how to get rich" I've ever read.
I read some other famous books : "Think and Grow Rich", "Rich Dad Poor Dad".. But yours is truly different. I also read a book in French which is pure slow-lane stuff : invest in stocks and bonds with your savings, cut your expenses, make budget for foods, clothes, pay everything in cash, pay yourself first, etc.. all the classic stuff they all say.
What I like in your book is that it describes a great roadmap towards wealth and exposes the truth about slow-lane and what "gurus" teach.

I also tried some ClickBank stuff, AdSense blogs. All the crappy internet marketing stuff which is always the same : check for niches, use google keyword tools, set a Hostgator account, use Wordpress, use this plug in.. This is straight BS. The only one making money in this process are the one selling these methods with the gradient logo and the fake 12 CDs, 23 Books pack shot.

About myself I'm currently 23 years old. I dropped a private school one year ago. I was studying multimedia, graphic design, web site development. But I left when we had to find an internship in order to work and get a first taste of the job we headed for and have a paycheck of 300€/month for a full-time job. After the internship, they tell you you have to find a work/study training program (3 days at work and 2 day at school during two years) in a company which is paid under 1000€/month.. And they tell you, that MAYBE if everything is fine (obviously implying some proper a$$-kissing) you can get a permanent position job ! Congratulations, you are now officially an adult and ready to consume.
Plus they were teaching stuff I already knew. I felt I was going to be trapped in a path I don't want : get a job, fall in love, marry, take a loan over 30 years for your house, take another loan for your car, complain all week how your hate your job, how you can't wait for the week-end and on sunday complain about how you don't want to go back to work, "monday sucks"... No disrespect to people having a job, I can totally understand why people need it, why they want to feel secure. And sometimes you just have debts or bills to pay, but I just don't like the idea of working for someone else.

I'm glad I found your book because I was kind of struggling like "what should I do now ?"
My skills are computer and internet related. I made my first website when I was 11 years old. Never stopped learning about web technologies. I guess I'll be able to find a way to do some nice stuff on internet and impact people. Because obviously be a "freelancer" or make websites for a living won't make big money because I couldn't do like 3000 websites per day.
Thank you for your book, it was straight to the point and I like it.

Have a nice day

What changed since?
Nothing, I'm still as lost and I'm 27 years still leaving with my parents . They hope I found a job soon, I'm going into wage slavery. Not a bad thing IMO, I need to figure out what's happening in these companies.

Right now I'm so lost, I don't what should I do.

I see all these start ups providing services getting funded, stuff like box delivery to dogs and cats. I want a simple life, and be the owner of mean of production.

I have a sister who makes small purses and stuff, I'd love to go that way, I don't care about programming, etc, I don't want to be a code monkey.

Hope you understand me
Love all

Maxime

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nanetto

New Contributor
Jun 24, 2015
Hello Maxim! Nice to meet you. I'm startupping a seo project :) Would you like to jump on my train? please, contact me on Skype, my nick is " nanettto " (Francesco) . Have a good day and a very good research!

Lee Hyde

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jun 24, 2015
Derby, Uk
Hi Maxime,

Welcome back! What should you do now? Well if you have experience with websites, why not think of a service that will benefit people in some way. Start thinking outside of the box! Or maybe think of how to improve what's already inside of the box! ..that made sense to me, anybody else?

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA
Back in august 2011, I wrote to MJ DeMarco :

Hi MJ,
I just finished reading your book and I have to say this is the best book about "how to get rich" I've ever read.
I read some other famous books : "Think and Grow Rich", "Rich Dad Poor Dad".. But yours is truly different. I also read a book in French which is pure slow-lane stuff : invest in stocks and bonds with your savings, cut your expenses, make budget for foods, clothes, pay everything in cash, pay yourself first, etc.. all the classic stuff they all say.
What I like in your book is that it describes a great roadmap towards wealth and exposes the truth about slow-lane and what "gurus" teach.

I also tried some ClickBank stuff, AdSense blogs. All the crappy internet marketing stuff which is always the same : check for niches, use google keyword tools, set a Hostgator account, use Wordpress, use this plug in.. This is straight BS. The only one making money in this process are the one selling these methods with the gradient logo and the fake 12 CDs, 23 Books pack shot.

About myself I'm currently 23 years old. I dropped a private school one year ago. I was studying multimedia, graphic design, web site development. But I left when we had to find an internship in order to work and get a first taste of the job we headed for and have a paycheck of 300€/month for a full-time job. After the internship, they tell you you have to find a work/study training program (3 days at work and 2 day at school during two years) in a company which is paid under 1000€/month.. And they tell you, that MAYBE if everything is fine (obviously implying some proper a$$-kissing) you can get a permanent position job ! Congratulations, you are now officially an adult and ready to consume.
Plus they were teaching stuff I already knew. I felt I was going to be trapped in a path I don't want : get a job, fall in love, marry, take a loan over 30 years for your house, take another loan for your car, complain all week how your hate your job, how you can't wait for the week-end and on sunday complain about how you don't want to go back to work, "monday sucks"... No disrespect to people having a job, I can totally understand why people need it, why they want to feel secure. And sometimes you just have debts or bills to pay, but I just don't like the idea of working for someone else.

I'm glad I found your book because I was kind of struggling like "what should I do now ?"
My skills are computer and internet related. I made my first website when I was 11 years old. Never stopped learning about web technologies. I guess I'll be able to find a way to do some nice stuff on internet and impact people. Because obviously be a "freelancer" or make websites for a living won't make big money because I couldn't do like 3000 websites per day.
Thank you for your book, it was straight to the point and I like it.

Have a nice day

What changed since?
Nothing, I'm still as lost and I'm 27 years still leaving with my parents . They hope I found a job soon, I'm going into wage slavery. Not a bad thing IMO, I need to figure out what's happening in these companies.

I see all these start ups providing services getting funded, stuff like box delivery to dogs and cats. I want a simple life, and be the owner of mean of production.

I have a sister who makes small purses and stuff, I'd love to go that way, I don't care about programming, etc, I don't want to be a code monkey.

Hope you understand me
Love all

Maxime
You've been on the forum this long and only have 28$ in your rep bank?

STOP TAKING VALUE - CREATE SOME! :)

kaqm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 1, 2014
Hi Maxime,

What have you been doing in the last few years? What lessons have you learnt from experience?

Don't feel as if you've failed because you haven't, you just haven't succeeded yet.

If I were you, I wouldn't rule out everything web based. An area you have knowledge and experience in could be useful to think about what problems you can solve.

You say you don't care about code. I understand you've been programming for a long time and are possibly fed up of it. Put that to one side because instead of thinking of what you care about or like doing, think about what VALUE it could provide.

Some people seem to jump on the bandwagon of web based technologies or apps just for the sake of it instead of having a decent idea.You don't have to use your experience in this field just for the sake of it or because it's what you know, but it's best not to rule it out either. Think of the bigger picture and what matters to the people you want to provide for and the value you have the potential to generate for them.

And as @sija1 says, research and learn.

Hope this helps.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013

You seem to be in a bad place right now. If I were you I'd start with watching motivational videos from Tony Robbins, Eric Thomas, or Les Brown. Also, start reading The Millionaire Fastlane (or read it again).

Some may say motivation and self-help is BS but maybe because they're internally motivated already.

Why don't you try freelancing?

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ith-no-degree-no-feedback-no-portfolio.58837/

You can start small. Earn enough so you can live on your own. Then maybe plan what business you want to build.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...