The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Left my home country - 5 years later - $13-14.000 Revenue per month

DonnieBrasco

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Feb 18, 2020
SEA - EU - AFRICA
Hello FTL forum,

I've had an account for a while here but after reading the millionaire fastlane and the rat race escape i decided to become active here, about me, I left my home country (German speaking European country) approximately 5 years ago after launching a drop-shipping store.

Moved to North Africa for 1 year and kept working on my drop-shipping store (selling hippie jewelry and clothing, traffic was driven via Instagram influencer shoutouts), did 80-$300 revenue per day at 40-55% net profit margin, managed to have a "successful exit" and sold the shop for $3500 to a digital agency in Toronto, started another store in the same niche afterwards and managed to survive on it for a year while moving to Thailand, Chiang Mai (the digital nomad Mecca as advertised on YouTube, I personally hated it).

Altho i made some money with the second store it came down crashing towards the end of my stay in Thailand, I closed the store after I moved to Siem Reap, Cambodia, focused on some web design and German copywriting freelance work before I decided to launch a digital agency since i didn't want to deal with any job proxies anymore.

Fast-forward 3.5 years, I net around 8500-$11.000 per month at a 95% profit margin with the agency and another $2-3000 with crypto daytrading, have one employee and work with another copywriting freelancer and plan to hire more staff since i can barely handle the current workload, been living in Vietnam for two years, had to leave due to extreme covid lockdown measures and organized visa scams and just moved to Turkey, i don't regret leaving my home country one single day.

To everyone who is hesitating to make the move, just do it if you have an income source and savings for 3-4 months, the life and business experience you will gather during your journey is invaluable.

Regards

Donnie

EDIT: if youre a skilled php wordpress dev, dm me for a job opportunity

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Personnally really thinking about moving from France or maybe just going on the French Riviera (currently near Paris) to get a better life, the only thing stopping me is finding the right business to operate from a computer so i can move without having to open retail shops again to allow me to move.

Its a weird feeling, some may relate but i feel Home whenever im in the South of France or in Corsica.
I feel at peace and i feel at home.
I never felt that where i am now which is where i always lived near my family, but they also felt that lately, like a call to move where we are supposed to live.

Last edited:

DonnieBrasco

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Feb 18, 2020
SEA - EU - AFRICA
Personnally really thinking about moving from France or maybe just going on the French Riviera (currently near Paris) to get a better life, the only thing stopping me is finding the right business to operate from a computer so i can move without having to open retail shops again to allow me to move.

Its a weird feeling, some may relate but i feel Home whenever im in the South of France or in Corsica.
I feel at peace and i feel at home.
I never felt that where i am now which is where i always lived near my family, but they also felt that lately, like a call to move where we are supposed to live.

Start to buildup whatever skills you already have aand see how you can utilize them in a service or productized service business for the beginning, stay away from job proxies (e.g dropshipping, affiliate marketing, ebay/amazon etc) and once you cross 800-1400$/month in netprofit make the move, you wont regret it, promise.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Interesting, I lived in Thailand and did not like it either, but the year I spent in Cambodia I really enjoyed. I agree the skills learned living and doing business abroad are beneficial in so many ways. I'd love to do it again, but I need to be in the field for my industry and the US is king for cannabis and will be staying home until I can retire abroad, the dream being in Colombia.

D

Deleted85763

Hello FTL forum,

I've had an account for a while here but after reading the millionaire fastlane and the rat race escape i decided to become active here, about me, I left my home country (German speaking European country) approximately 5 years ago after launching a drop-shipping store.

Moved to North Africa for 1 year and kept working on my drop-shipping store (selling hippie jewelry and clothing, traffic was driven via Instagram influencer shoutouts), did 80-$300 revenue per day at 40-55% net profit margin, managed to have a "successful exit" and sold the shop for $3500 to a digital agency in Toronto, started another store in the same niche afterwards and managed to survive on it for a year while moving to Thailand, Chiang Mai (the digital nomad Mecca as advertised on YouTube, I personally hated it).

Altho i made some money with the second store it came down crashing towards the end of my stay in Thailand, I closed the store after I moved to Siem Reap, Cambodia, focused on some web design and German copywriting freelance work before I decided to launch a digital agency since i didn't want to deal with any job proxies anymore.

Fast-forward 3.5 years, I net around 8500-$11.000 per month at a 95% profit margin with the agency and another $2-3000 with crypto daytrading, have one employee and work with another copywriting freelancer and plan to hire more staff since i can barely handle the current workload, been living in Vietnam for two years, had to leave due to extreme C0VlD lockdown measures and organized visa scams and just moved to Turkey, i don't regret leaving my home country one single day.

To everyone who is hesitating to make the move, just do it if you have an income source and savings for 3-4 months, the life and business experience you will gather during your journey is invaluable.

Regards

Donnie

How do you earn money with "the agency"?

Makko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 13, 2021
South Korea
Hello FTL forum,

Fast-forward 3.5 years, I net around 8500-$11.000 per month at a 95% profit margin with the agency and another $2-3000 with crypto daytrading, have one employee and work with another copywriting freelancer and plan to hire more staff since i can barely handle the current workload, been living in Vietnam for two years, had to leave due to extreme C0VlD lockdown measures and organized visa scams and just moved to Turkey, i don't regret leaving my home country one single day.

Regards

Donnie

That's awesome, Donnie. Inspiring to see someone who is in the same industry making 6 figs a year.

What made you want to leave your country in the first place?
Did the language barrier affect you in anyway with your business?
How did you build your portfolio in the beginning with web design?

DonnieBrasco

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Feb 18, 2020
SEA - EU - AFRICA
That's awesome, Donnie. Inspiring to see someone who is in the same industry making 6 figs a year.

What made you want to leave your country in the first place?
Did the language barrier affect you in anyway with your business?
How did you build your portfolio in the beginning with web design?

a.) tax reasons, bureaucracy hindering my efficiency, had some open cases with the police, racism, many reasons, i just wanted 6 months off in another country, it turned into years and i wont return.

b.) i dont have a language barrier, im fluent in english and german, i can work in both markets but i see how the language barrier sometimes is an issue for my employees

c.) i built various sites for myself (cannabis travel blog, dropshipping stores, affiliate sites), i just used those as portfolios and didnt mention they are my own projects, worked tremendously well

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Well done. Takes balls to move around like that. The idea of even moving cities intimidates me a bit.

Have you been all by yourself the whole time? No relationships?

Makko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 13, 2021
South Korea
a.) tax reasons, bureaucracy hindering my efficiency, had some open cases with the police, racism, many reasons, i just wanted 6 months off in another country, it turned into years and i wont return.

b.) i dont have a language barrier, im fluent in english and german, i can work in both markets but i see how the language barrier sometimes is an issue for my employees

c.) i built various sites for myself (cannabis travel blog, dropshipping stores, affiliate sites), i just used those as portfolios and didnt mention they are my own projects, worked tremendously well
Cool, thanks for sharing.

I asked you that question because I left Uruguay, a country in South America due to racism and fights that happened frequently at school and on the streets. Glad I moved out or I've ended up in jail.

I guess if you can speak English you can do business anywhere, ha.

That's interesting. Glad it worked out for you! I got the design part down but I'm working on copywriting skills so I can write a decent copy that sells. Did you do the copy yourself when you started?

DonnieBrasco

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Feb 18, 2020
SEA - EU - AFRICA
Well done. Takes balls to move around like that. The idea of even moving cities intimidates me a bit.

Have you been all by yourself the whole time? No relationships?

@Simon Angel: yes, i was slightly worried that i may end up on the street since it looked like there was no going back from that but it worked out in the end, i guess this extra pressure helped alot to keep things moving.

I was alone for 2 years, made some friends here and there but nothing significant, meet my girlfriend which is from new zealand while being in cambodia and weve been together ever since, i turned her into a A grade copywrriter at this point but dont be afraid of being alone for a while, gives you a lot of introspection, very valuable.
That's interesting. Glad it worked out for you! I got the design part down but I'm working on copywriting skills so I can write a decent copy that sells. Did you do the copy yourself when you started?

I did some of the copy in the begining myself but i truly hate copywriting, i dont mind writing for private purposes( (e.g this thread) but for commercial purposes i just cannot enjoy it, at first i hired some freelance writers and now my girlfriend is doing most of the copy and works fulltime in my agency.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...