The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Leaving the Slowlane, trying not to get killed in the Fastlane.

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Milonfz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Nov 5, 2020
Greetings. So, per the instructions, here's my story. If it's too much, I apologize. Talking about myself is not something I do often, so I'm not too good at it.

Back in the 1990's I was running in the slow lane when I met my first Entrepreneur, Doc Smith. He was "retired" and told me about his latest creation. I remarked to his son-in law "Doc's going to be a millionaire" and he replied, "Again? He's already worth several million last time we added it up." Doc encouraged me and showed me what was possible. I started an internet company, IQPuzzles.com, and ran a business in the Wisconsin Dells and did pretty well, it allowed my wife to stay home with the kids while I stayed in the slowlane. Then Amazon expanded beyond books, and the Dells changed from a summer hotspot to a world of indoor waterparks and crushed both businesses.

We ended up still selling some novel brainteasers, and purchased one of our suppliers, Stumps Puzzles. We were selling through the Mindware Catalog and all was well, until they dropped the product. Yep, all the eggs in one basket again and it went from a full time gig for my wife to a "sell a few at Christmas" project. It's still active online, as a site only. We lost our supplier as well and haven't found another because...

We discovered Amazon and FBA. At first it was just to get rid of excess inventory, then we fell in with a group that was selling 6 and 7 figures and making serious money. Over the next couple of years we made more working it part time that we thought possible. Along the way I was introduced to Josh Tolley and read "Evangelpreneur" which made me realize that I really did need to leave the slowlane, although I still didn't know about the Fastlane...

Since Covid things have changed rapidly. After 16 years at my last employer I am on my own. Instead of focusing on selling online, I am working with companies to help then both online through Amazon and on other channels and offline. We are also involved in capital management, both which will allow us to scale.

That brings us to the present. I stumbled across "Wealth Exposed" on my Kindle, read it and am 80% through "Unscripted " with "The Millionaire Fastlane " scheduled as my next read. These books resonate with what I've seen and heard over the past 25+ years, and have arrived at the right time. What I'm learning combined with my past let me know that even though I live in rural Minnesota, I will be merging from the Slowlane to the Fastlane very soon.

I'm hoping to share my years of manufacturing, online business, brick and mortar, and life experience with you as well as learning and staying motivated. It should be a fun ride. If you read this far, thanks. You probably know more about me that most of my in-laws. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
@Milonfz

It takes courage to share your details and background, especially to strangers.
I think you did great, welcome to the team :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...