What's new

Leaving the Slowlane, trying not to get killed in the Fastlane.

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Milonfz

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Nov 5, 2020
Messages
25
Rep Bank
$320
User Power: 140%
Greetings. So, per the instructions, here's my story. If it's too much, I apologize. Talking about myself is not something I do often, so I'm not too good at it.

Back in the 1990's I was running in the slow lane when I met my first Entrepreneur, Doc Smith. He was "retired" and told me about his latest creation. I remarked to his son-in law "Doc's going to be a millionaire" and he replied, "Again? He's already worth several million last time we added it up." Doc encouraged me and showed me what was possible. I started an internet company, IQPuzzles.com, and ran a business in the Wisconsin Dells and did pretty well, it allowed my wife to stay home with the kids while I stayed in the slowlane. Then Amazon expanded beyond books, and the Dells changed from a summer hotspot to a world of indoor waterparks and crushed both businesses.

We ended up still selling some novel brainteasers, and purchased one of our suppliers, Stumps Puzzles. We were selling through the Mindware Catalog and all was well, until they dropped the product. Yep, all the eggs in one basket again and it went from a full time gig for my wife to a "sell a few at Christmas" project. It's still active online, as a site only. We lost our supplier as well and haven't found another because...

We discovered Amazon and FBA. At first it was just to get rid of excess inventory, then we fell in with a group that was selling 6 and 7 figures and making serious money. Over the next couple of years we made more working it part time that we thought possible. Along the way I was introduced to Josh Tolley and read "Evangelpreneur" which made me realize that I really did need to leave the slowlane, although I still didn't know about the Fastlane...

Since Covid things have changed rapidly. After 16 years at my last employer I am on my own. Instead of focusing on selling online, I am working with companies to help then both online through Amazon and on other channels and offline. We are also involved in capital management, both which will allow us to scale.

That brings us to the present. I stumbled across "Wealth Exposed" on my Kindle, read it and am 80% through "Unscripted " with "The Millionaire Fastlane " scheduled as my next read. These books resonate with what I've seen and heard over the past 25+ years, and have arrived at the right time. What I'm learning combined with my past let me know that even though I live in rural Minnesota, I will be merging from the Slowlane to the Fastlane very soon.

I'm hoping to share my years of manufacturing, online business, brick and mortar, and life experience with you as well as learning and staying motivated. It should be a fun ride. If you read this far, thanks. You probably know more about me that most of my in-laws. :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

@Nomupgb

Ov velit duasehi vu tjesi zuas fiveomt epf cedlhsuapf, itqidoemmz vu tvsephist.
O vjopl zua fof hsiev, ximduni vu vji vien :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom