What's new

Learning to Leverage

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

ramblindawg

New Contributor
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
9
Location
Burbank, USA
Rep Bank
$150
User Power: 167%
This week I experienced a nice victory in a business negotiation, and I’d like to share it here as an encouragement to others, and to reinforce the details in my own brain.

For the past three years, I have created tutorial videos for a software package called Toon Boom Storyboard Pro -- it’s a commonly used software in my business. These videos are made at the request of the company, and appear exclusively on their websites.

In the past, I made the videos for the Toon Boom company as a trade-off: In exchange for making the videos, I receive free software, a fee-waiver on certification and I get to place a watermark at the beginning of the videos to promote my own 10-DVD storyboarding training product. That’s worked out pretty well so far, in terms of exposure for my brand, and for positioning myself as an authority.

Last month, they asked me to make another set of videos for an upcoming launch, but I decided to approach it differently this time. Since I know that the videos are in-demand and I’m super-proud of the quality (and I make it a point to forward testimonials to the company’s principals), I decided that I want to retain ownership of the videos I create so that I can sell them myself as DVDs or as a supplement to my flagship course, or so I could use the videos on my own website as a way of cross-promoting my products.

I didn’t think they’d go for it, but I included that provision in my response to their request. After a few days of waiting, they replied back that they agree. So now I can leverage all the work I do into my own profit-generating products, in addition to the benefits I had been getting in past years.

So it’s a reminder to myself that I just need to keep thinking bigger every time an opportunity comes up, and to continue to look for ways to leverage my work!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Duphsevt. Katv upi nusi tnemm tviq op zuas kuaspiz csophoph zua dmutis vu zuas huemt.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom