Captain04
New Contributor
Hey.
So I am an 18 y/o guy. Read TMF a couple months ago and I really liked it.
Thing about me is I'm basically the human equivalent of a sloth. I scored 1.3/5 on the Grit Test (from the 'GRIT' book), which just means I have zero perseverance/drive/passion etc. Minimum you can score is 1, so yeah. Never worked hard for anything in my life and am a massive under-achiever. Even failed my high-school and am now sitting on my a$$ at home.
I want to get into entrepreneurship because I sincerely want to change and challenge myself. I have been comfortable with being desperate and feeling like shit all the time, so I want to learn to hate being comfortable again. Money is a motivator too of course.
What I've done
Nothing at all. Been trying to cure laziness and get out of that comfort zone by hitting the gym. Building a body is a side benefit of course but I'm just trying to build discipline at the moment and get the ball rolling. Been going for 1.5+ months which is longer that anything I've stuck to in the past and is a serious achievement for me (yea, its that bad). As for the skills I have and any past experiences, I have none.
Goals
Sticking to things, not being sidetracked and facing any sort of challenge comes hard to me. The only way I figured I can change is by changing my mindset to try and like being uncomfortable. For the discipline, doing things that I don't want to and eventually making it into a habit is the only way I think there is to build it. And the money, I have no idea where to get started or what skills to build.
Any advice and your honest opinions are more than welcome.
So I am an 18 y/o guy. Read TMF a couple months ago and I really liked it.
Thing about me is I'm basically the human equivalent of a sloth. I scored 1.3/5 on the Grit Test (from the 'GRIT' book), which just means I have zero perseverance/drive/passion etc. Minimum you can score is 1, so yeah. Never worked hard for anything in my life and am a massive under-achiever. Even failed my high-school and am now sitting on my a$$ at home.
I want to get into entrepreneurship because I sincerely want to change and challenge myself. I have been comfortable with being desperate and feeling like shit all the time, so I want to learn to hate being comfortable again. Money is a motivator too of course.
What I've done
Nothing at all. Been trying to cure laziness and get out of that comfort zone by hitting the gym. Building a body is a side benefit of course but I'm just trying to build discipline at the moment and get the ball rolling. Been going for 1.5+ months which is longer that anything I've stuck to in the past and is a serious achievement for me (yea, its that bad). As for the skills I have and any past experiences, I have none.
Goals
- Start earning money now, from the limited capital ($300) and zero skills I have.
- Don't leave or skip the gym.
Sticking to things, not being sidetracked and facing any sort of challenge comes hard to me. The only way I figured I can change is by changing my mindset to try and like being uncomfortable. For the discipline, doing things that I don't want to and eventually making it into a habit is the only way I think there is to build it. And the money, I have no idea where to get started or what skills to build.
Any advice and your honest opinions are more than welcome.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
