What's new

Learning resources regarding web-hosting, domains, etc

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

SeePetey

Highly Trained Ape
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Mar 8, 2012
Messages
67
Location
Elsewhere
Rep Bank
$890
User Power: 219%
Hey everyone,

I love this forum, you guys are a collective fountain of amazing knowledge and resources that I count myself as very lucky to have discovered.

Can you guys post any resources that you know of (books, articles, etc) that I can use to familiarize myself with the complexities of web-hosting and domains? I’m looking for something a bit beyond, “Bluehost sucks, GoDaddy rocks…†etc.

I’m a newbie to this stuff, but MJ’s book really lit the fire in my belly to get out and do something for myself. So while I only learned that PHP wasn’t a hallucinogenic drug a few months ago, I am motivated as hell and learning more every day. I’ve been refining several ideas to the point where it’s time for action.

Most all of the books and articles that I find are either geared towards simple mom-n-pop Ecommerce stores or they are written in the highly complex industry-speak understood primarily by those who swallow ideas and s**t beautiful code. I need a happy medium, something written for a someone who has complex ideas but isn't quite swimming on his own yet. The first website that I’m developing involves showing a lot of videos so it will be pretty bandwidth intensive. And no it’s not porn lol.

I’m not going to be doing the coding myself, my humbling attempt to learn to code over the past few months along with the lively discussions on this forum about the merits of coding vs outsourcing have led me to decide to outsource the website building. I’ve got a good job so I can spare some cash for that.

What I’m looking for is to develop a solid understanding of the foundations, the infrastructure if you will, that goes into supporting a busy website. I want to understand the Internet equivalent of rent, fuel costs, electricity, carpet cleaning, alarm systems, etc.

My site that’s being built (and the others still in my head) needs a permanent home and anything that you guys have to share with me will be greatly appreciated.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vjeplt O eqqsidoevi vjev.

O guapf vjev xictovi exjomi cedl cav ovt upi ug vji qmedit vjev migv ni e cov gsatvsevif cideati ov dep ci vuahj vu liiq aq xovj vji dupwistevoupt. O liiq jewoph vu Huuhmi "Xjev ot FFUT, Tiswis UT vzqit, novohevif jutvoph..." Cav vji tovi ot hsiev og O jewi tunivjoph tqidogod op nopf, O dep ataemmz gopf ov vjisi.

Epzupi sief epz cuult vjev xisi civvis vjep uvjist up vji tackidv?
 
O guapf vjev xictovi exjomi cedl cav ovt upi ug vji qmedit vjev migv ni e cov gsatvsevif cideati ov dep ci vuahj vu liiq aq xovj vji dupwistevoupt. O liiq jewoph vu Huuhmi "Xjev ot FFUT, Tiswis UT vzqit, novohevif jutvoph..."

O apfistvepf zuas gsatvsevoup. Apgusvapevimz ov't emm e qesv ug vji miespoph qsuditt xjip zua gostv tvesv uav. Xjev iyedvmz esi zua vszoph vu miesp ecuav sihesfoph jutvoph epf funeopt?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom