The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning from competitor's

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
Earlier today I found a real competitor to my first startup. It is the first site that I have found which more or less has put into practice the same exact concept and idea as my site currently under development. I immediately felt worried and nervous. I went outside for some fresh air and to regain my composure. When I came back in I spent a good amount of time analyzing the site. After carefully inspecting it, I realized that although their site is very similar to what ours will be, they do a lot of things poorly. More importantly, the things that they do poorly are an integral part of the websites success. I guess they have not made that connection yet. Now I am grateful that I came across their page because it will be an asset to the development of our website. I can see the things they did wrong, and avoid making their mistakes. Furthermore, it reinforces the ideas I had on how to differentiate my website from the rest. Now I feel their site is a blessing in disguise for me to take advantage of. Has anybody had this experience… Discovering a competitor’s site and initially feeling apprehensive and worried—to feeling grateful and re-motivated?

-Ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Remember, success is all about execution, not ideas. Any unique web idea will be immediately stolen once available for public consumption -- the game isn't about ideas, but who can make ideas reality by way of better execution.

Don't get to worked up over competitors as it actually is telling you that your idea has merit. Now if they start stealing content from ya, then it's time for action. :smash:

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
Remember, success is all about execution, not ideas. Any unique web idea will be immediately stolen once available for public consumption -- the game isn't about ideas, but who can make ideas reality by way of better execution.

Don't get to worked up over competitors as it actually is telling you that your idea has merit. Now if they start stealing content from ya, then it's time for action. :smash:

Agree, it just threw me for a loop because it was the first actual site that applied the exact same concept as my idea. I'm talking specifics. Unfortunately for them, they failed on many important aspects of the concept... things that I was already aware of and had taken account for.

I will be providing much, much more value to my customers than they will.

It's going to blow em straight out of the water.

Competitors now make my life easier by telling me what works and what does not. I can see what they have going for them and expand on it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.