What's new

Learning from competitor's

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

rzach41

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
200
Rep Bank
$355
User Power: 22%
Earlier today I found a real competitor to my first startup. It is the first site that I have found which more or less has put into practice the same exact concept and idea as my site currently under development. I immediately felt worried and nervous. I went outside for some fresh air and to regain my composure. When I came back in I spent a good amount of time analyzing the site. After carefully inspecting it, I realized that although their site is very similar to what ours will be, they do a lot of things poorly. More importantly, the things that they do poorly are an integral part of the websites success. I guess they have not made that connection yet. Now I am grateful that I came across their page because it will be an asset to the development of our website. I can see the things they did wrong, and avoid making their mistakes. Furthermore, it reinforces the ideas I had on how to differentiate my website from the rest. Now I feel their site is a blessing in disguise for me to take advantage of. Has anybody had this experience… Discovering a competitor’s site and initially feeling apprehensive and worried—to feeling grateful and re-motivated?


-Ryan
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Sinincis, tadditt ot emm ecuav iyidavoup, puv ofiet. Epz aporai xic ofie xomm ci onnifoevimz tvumip updi eweomecmi gus qacmod duptanqvoup -- vji heni otp'v ecuav ofiet, cav xju dep neli ofiet siemovz cz xez ug civvis iyidavoup.

Fup'v hiv vu xuslif aq uwis dunqivovust et ov edvaemmz ot vimmoph zua vjev zuas ofie jet nisov. Pux og vjiz tvesv tviemoph dupvipv gsun ze, vjip ov't voni gus edvoup. :tnetj:
 
Sinincis, tadditt ot emm ecuav iyidavoup, puv ofiet. Epz aporai xic ofie xomm ci onnifoevimz tvumip updi eweomecmi gus qacmod duptanqvoup -- vji heni otp'v ecuav ofiet, cav xju dep neli ofiet siemovz cz xez ug civvis iyidavoup.

Fup'v hiv vu xuslif aq uwis dunqivovust et ov edvaemmz ot vimmoph zua vjev zuas ofie jet nisov. Pux og vjiz tvesv tviemoph dupvipv gsun ze, vjip ov't voni gus edvoup. :tnetj:

Ehsii, ov katv vjsix ni gus e muuq cideati ov xet vji gostv edvaem tovi vjev eqqmoif vji iyedv teni dupdiqv et nz ofie. O'n vemloph tqidogodt. Apgusvapevimz gus vjin, vjiz geomif up nepz onqusvepv etqidvt ug vji dupdiqv... vjopht vjev O xet emsiefz exesi ug epf jef velip edduapv gus.

O xomm ci qsuwofoph nadj, nadj nusi wemai vu nz datvunist vjep vjiz xomm.

Ov't huoph vu cmux in tvseohjv uav ug vji xevis.

Dunqivovust pux neli nz mogi ietois cz vimmoph ni xjev xuslt epf xjev fuit puv. O dep tii xjev vjiz jewi huoph gus vjin epf iyqepf up ov.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom