The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LAZY STRATEGY TO COLD EMAIL YOUR WAY TO PROFIT

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

jjjhhhbbb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 20, 2020
United Kingdom
To say I've been lurking in the forum would be a lie. I haven't even been ON the forum!

I noticed @Illusive_Man tagged me in a post about Cold Emailing Success. I thought the best thing for me to do would be to provide some insight into some of the small successes I've been seeing. Maybe you can take these ideas & try them out for yourself?

Small Intro. I've been on @Fox Sales Legends Course now since the start of November. I was hesitant to join at first...(I've been burned by other courses claiming wonderful things, only to amount to very little)... But, I'll be the first to say, it's so f*uck*** good. Serious value, complete mindset shift (needed this), and most importantly, I'm part of an epic accountability group where we're all on track to do some great things. Not to mention getting access to @GuitarManDan & @Isaac Oh insights. So go check that out for sure.

Cold Email Stuff Starts Here
Anyway, cold emailing.

The strategy I've been using so far to prospect has been using a program called Lemlist. I've been getting on average a 67% open rate, 11% response rate, (standard response rate is 1%), and subsequently resulting in some great leads for my business.

- Put in (almost) ZERO effort in terms of targeting prospects.
- Be lazy. Press 'play', and automatically send Personalised Emails directly to business owners, addressing them by name..Then go play golf & come back the next day.

When I check the responses, not everyone is interested... One that told me "I have absolutely no interest in you whatsoever". But this is always going to happen (At least they noticed my email enough to reply!)
But sometimes they say... "This is the best outreach email I have ever received" or maybe "I received hundreds of cold emails per day, & this is the only cold email I have ever replied to - love the hustle" This is where the gold is!

Bearing in mind, my targeting is terrible & my email copy is average at best and it's still possible to get responses like this.

The 2 key elements to actually getting a positive response is to Make it personal, but most importantly, Make it stand out by doing something different!!

Lemlist lets you do both, by including template videos & photographs (to make you stand out) & include personal details such as names and business Website home pages that are tailored to each recipient (Making it personal).

You don't need to spend hours writing and crafting each personalised email.
1. You get an email list (including their biz name, their name, and their @domain.com)
2. Craft a simple email to create some form od desire & interest (AIDA) such as "we've helped a similar company [insert problem solved/benefit gained here], when would be a good time to have a chat about how we would be able to help [Their biz name here]?"
3. Insert one of Lemlists many personalised images to make your email stand out, and make them feel special.
4. Add a signature with your website linked to the bottom.

Keep it short & personal, do something to make you stand out that isn't spammy & don't take the rejection too personally.

Taking things a step further

Moving forward, I am going to be looking at more effective ways to target businesses better, for an even higher positive response rate. I plan on playing around with copy and email sequences to see how this affects progress.

Happy Cold Emailing - look forward to seeing everyone's thoughts & your own opinions on whats working well in your own biz?
Happy New Year!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii
Newbie question: When testing email copies and sequences do you email the same people again or get an entire new list?

jjjhhhbbb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 20, 2020
United Kingdom
Newbie question: When testing email copies and sequences do you email the same people again or get an entire new list?
Hey James,

If they are in my email sequence, I will email them again. It usually works like this.

1. Upload List
2. If someone replies, they are automatically removed from the sequence (which is good because they either said yes or no. If yes, you can schedule a call, if no, no worries either)
3. If they don't reply, they are automatically scheduled to the next email in the sequence a few days later for a follow up
4. don't email the same person too many times in the same way. be creative & add value wherever possible

MRMattyICE

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 6, 2020
Toronto
To say I've been lurking in the forum would be a lie. I haven't even been ON the forum!

I noticed @Illusive_Man tagged me in a post about Cold Emailing Success. I thought the best thing for me to do would be to provide some insight into some of the small successes I've been seeing. Maybe you can take these ideas & try them out for yourself?

Small Intro. I've been on @Fox Sales Legends Course now since the start of November. I was hesitant to join at first...(I've been burned by other courses claiming wonderful things, only to amount to very little)... But, I'll be the first to say, it's so f*uck*** good. Serious value, complete mindset shift (needed this), and most importantly, I'm part of an epic accountability group where we're all on track to do some great things. Not to mention getting access to @GuitarManDan & @Isaac Oh insights. So go check that out for sure.

Cold Email Stuff Starts Here
Anyway, cold emailing.

The strategy I've been using so far to prospect has been using a program called Lemlist. I've been getting on average a 67% open rate, 11% response rate, (standard response rate is 1%), and subsequently resulting in some great leads for my business.

- Put in (almost) ZERO effort in terms of targeting prospects.
- Be lazy. Press 'play', and automatically send Personalised Emails directly to business owners, addressing them by name..Then go play golf & come back the next day.

When I check the responses, not everyone is interested... One that told me "I have absolutely no interest in you whatsoever". But this is always going to happen (At least they noticed my email enough to reply!)
But sometimes they say... "This is the best outreach email I have ever received" or maybe "I received hundreds of cold emails per day, & this is the only cold email I have ever replied to - love the hustle" This is where the gold is!

Bearing in mind, my targeting is terrible & my email copy is average at best and it's still possible to get responses like this.

The 2 key elements to actually getting a positive response is to Make it personal, but most importantly, Make it stand out by doing something different!!

Lemlist lets you do both, by including template videos & photographs (to make you stand out) & include personal details such as names and business Website home pages that are tailored to each recipient (Making it personal).

You don't need to spend hours writing and crafting each personalised email.
1. You get an email list (including their biz name, their name, and their @domain.com)
2. Craft a simple email to create some form od desire & interest (AIDA) such as "we've helped a similar company [insert problem solved/benefit gained here], when would be a good time to have a chat about how we would be able to help [Their biz name here]?"
3. Insert one of Lemlists many personalised images to make your email stand out, and make them feel special.
4. Add a signature with your website linked to the bottom.

Keep it short & personal, do something to make you stand out that isn't spammy & don't take the rejection too personally.

Taking things a step further

Moving forward, I am going to be looking at more effective ways to target businesses better, for an even higher positive response rate. I plan on playing around with copy and email sequences to see how this affects progress.

Happy Cold Emailing - look forward to seeing everyone's thoughts & your own opinions on whats working well in your own biz?
Happy New Year!
Great post! I will for sure check this out!
I am curious about how many clients you were able to land using this method?

jjjhhhbbb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 20, 2020
United Kingdom
Great post! I will for sure check this out!
I am curious about how many clients you were able to land using this method?
So far, I've landed 10+ sales calls - Closed ZERO.

My downfall early in my process is actually selling (I suck) & I'm working now to get better.

Getting clients on the phone (check)
Selling ability (needs work)

Looking forward to the day things start to fall into place.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

You got 10 strangers to pick up the phone - sounds like you're onto something. Just refine it.

Best of luck.

MRMattyICE

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 6, 2020
Toronto

My downfall early in my process is actually selling (I suck) & I'm working now to get better.

Getting clients on the phone (check)
Selling ability (needs work)

Looking forward to the day things start to fall into place.
Thanks @James HB for the information!, I just started using lemlist last week for my digital agency and I really like the custom photos you can add to make the potential client feel special, are you still using and getting good results from Lemlist ??

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
Hey just wanted to pick this back up.

Is anyone here having success with the cold emailing?

Also - any recommendations on resources for getting quality lists of emails at a good price?

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
@Kung Fu Steve will probably say it's about the OFFER.

I've landed an interview with a CEO of a billion dollar company through a cold email because I had a great offer.

It just made sense for that person to reply to that email.

What offer can you make that is truly irresistible?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.