The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lawyer and entrepreneur?

Erick Pastora

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 3, 2019
I'm a law student with a full scholarship. I'm 20 years old and my dad recently died. No source of income right now. I'm reading the fastlane into chapter 11 and I can't help but wonder. I have had conflicts with the law career because I like it but at the same time I hate it. My hatred goes to the mediocrity in the profession and the fact that I'm from a third world country makes me see a lot of injustice day by day. Anyways I started reading the fastlane and I really like it so far. My question is if I can be a lawyer and at the same time an entrepreneur? I ask because the simple answer may be yes, but I don't know if it's sustainable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I don't see why not.

Law is a great profession for entrepreneurs. You can do real estate, patents, tax law, legal entities etc.

I can totally see how you hate it, the paper work, the cases, etc.

But we don't do business in a vacuum, we live in a society and part of the game is knowing how to navigate the playing field.

I personally read law on my own time but being a lawyer sure sounds dreadful.

Welcome to the forum though!

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Welcome to the forum!

I give my condolences to you and your family. I don't know how you're coping, but it's good to see that you're focused on the future.

No one here can tell you what to do. Starting a business is long, hard work. Grinding it out to get a business off the ground is hard enough; adding in the notorious workload of a law degree is far too much for most. That's not to say it can't be done.

You time is limited, as is it is for all of us. My opinion is that you would be wasting your finite time pursuing a law degree if you already hate the industry. However, it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons of continuing your pursuit, to decide ultimately what you are going to do.

If you decide to continue to study law, I agree with @socaldude that there is tons of opportunity in the space for a fastlane business. www.legalzoom.com and www.rocketlawyer.com are just two examples.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.