The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Landing page or direct download link

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

LordMadHuntsman

New Contributor
Jan 14, 2019
Hello, I'm about the launch the app that I worked for the last year and a half my marketing budget is limited so i'll be relying on instagram influencers and ASO. So I've been thinking of creating landing page that explains what the app does ,shows successful stories and few reasons why the app is unique and you need it. (Hope that makes any sense). So I want to ask someone that have experience with app marketing trough instagram influencers should i sent my users to landing page or direct them to the app store page? Because i don't feel that the app store page is gives me enough of space to show what my app does.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Santi Merino

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 22, 2018
Spain
Hi Sir, I'm not an expert at all but wanted to congrat you for your work and wish you good luck with it.
About your question, I see a lot of apps advertised on Instagram (via FB Ads, not influencer marketing) and all of them redirect you to de app store/play store, not a landing page. They use the space beneath the "install" button where the developer can upload screenshots and description to show what their app can do or is for.
I would love to know more about your journey so keep us informed if you have time.

By the way, what's your app about? Or almost more important, whats your app?

Greetings,
Santi

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I don't have experience with this, but I would say do both.

From direct, paid advertising (e.g. Instagram ads, FB ads), direct people directly to the app store download page. And from influencer marketing and social media marketing I'd direct them to a landing page.

My reason being is that with FB ads and such, a click on the ad signals strong intent to act. Thus, the next logical step should be having them download the app.

With influencer marketing it is different, because many people will simply be curious and want to learn more. That's why you should direct them to a full-fledged landing page (make your app store download link very visible and placed throughout landing page), where you can give more information and then direct them to the app store download.

OP
OP
L

LordMadHuntsman

New Contributor
Jan 14, 2019
Thank you for the answer guys. I will go with the landing page for the influencers and will try to get a bit more creative with fb ads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Advanced Upwork Proposals II IS FINALLY LIVE! Here's a look at what's inside: Improved YOU...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock