The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Konichiwa Guys

boy_bokensha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 30, 2021
Hi, Im Zach, a brit currently living in Japan where I have been for the past 4 years. Hungry to roll out a business online. Not sure what else to add here, just got done with the Fastlane book and have found it very helpful in re aligning my goals in life and what exactly I want and expect to gain from starting an enterprise. Would be great to get to know other zealous entrepreneurial spirits a bonus if you too are in Japan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Zach!

boy_bokensha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 30, 2021
Cheers guys, I don't really have much to contribute as of yet so bare with ha.

Last year my frustration hit peak and I decided to do something, anything and so I opened up a video production company. In all. honesty I knew it would be a tough sell especially considering how it violates the law of entry with skills easily being learned online not to mention easy access to equipment these days, scale as well would have been difficult to achieve. This was before I even read Fastlane and so when I just recently did after it was recommended to me by my high school teacher I got in contact with in recent days, it hit home hard.

I did it anyway because I just wanted to do something, anything in the hopes that it will teach me a few things like website and logo design. That it did and although I have done some free projects, nothing really much else has really come out form it.

There is a head numbing amount of red tape bureaucracy here in Japan, one would find incredulous.

Im currently teaching English and have quite a bit of free time on my hands and now with a new paradigm shift from consumer to producer im ready to take on the world ha. up until now I've been burning my money on traveling, motorcycles and video equipment that latter of which can seriously burn holes in pockets.

Anyway, as said nothing much to contribute at the minute and I hope that suffices as a brief introduction.

I've decided to a deep dive on topics every month until I start making traction, this month is marketing and copy. if there is anything anyone can recommend I direct my attention towards that would be helpful.

Would be nice to hear from some of you.

Respectfully

Zach

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Makko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 13, 2021
South Korea
Cheers guys, I don't really have much to contribute as of yet so bare with ha.

Last year my frustration hit peak and I decided to do something, anything and so I opened up a video production company. In all. honesty I knew it would be a tough sell especially considering how it violates the law of entry with skills easily being learned online not to mention easy access to equipment these days, scale as well would have been difficult to achieve. This was before I even read Fastlane and so when I just recently did after it was recommended to me by my high school teacher I got in contact with in recent days, it hit home hard.

I did it anyway because I just wanted to do something, anything in the hopes that it will teach me a few things like website and logo design. That it did and although I have done some free projects, nothing really much else has really come out form it.

There is a head numbing amount of red tape bureaucracy here in Japan, one would find incredulous.

Im currently teaching English and have quite a bit of free time on my hands and now with a new paradigm shift from consumer to producer im ready to take on the world ha. up until now I've been burning my money on traveling, motorcycles and video equipment that latter of which can seriously burn holes in pockets.

Anyway, as said nothing much to contribute at the minute and I hope that suffices as a brief introduction.

I've decided to a deep dive on topics every month until I start making traction, this month is marketing and copy. if there is anything anyone can recommend I direct my attention towards that would be helpful.

Would be nice to hear from some of you.

Respectfully

Zach
Konnichiwa!

Guess we are neighbors since I'm in South Korea teaching English too!

A lot of people here are doing web design as a side hustle like myself (still learning) so maybe you can look into it? I'm teaching English and learning web design (copy&sales skills included) in my free time.

Also take a look at the "sponsors" section at the bottom of forums page. There are people willing to help you get started.

How is corona affecting teaching there? Curious since my hometown is in Niigata.

boy_bokensha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 30, 2021
Konnichiwa!

Guess we are neighbors since I'm in South Korea teaching English too!

A lot of people here are doing web design as a side hustle like myself (still learning) so maybe you can look into it? I'm teaching English and learning web design (copy&sales skills included) in my free time.

Also take a look at the "sponsors" section at the bottom of forums page. There are people willing to help you get started.

How is corona affecting teaching there? Curious since my hometown is in Niigata.
Makko, aniyohaseyo,

Thank you for the information I shall take a look at some of the areas you have mentioned and the sponsors section you referred to. If you have any resources for web design I can take a stab at some but not to worry as its a huge topic I understand and im sure ill dig something up after a little google so thank you again.

The corona situation in Japan is kinda weird, everything seems to go on like normal albeit restrictions in place. There are states of emergency declared every so often and then things go back to normal. Right now we are in another state of emergency that expires on the 12th. there has been a recent spike in cases that of the likes have never been seen since the start of the pandemic. People seem to blame the Olympics but I'm not sold on that being the smoking gun.

in regards teaching, lessons are going on as normal in fact we haven't had any major disruptions since the initial 2 month closures last year in the early days of the pandemic.

Thats interesting I was in Niigata a couple of weeks ago. I stopped over on the way back from a motorcycle tour from Hokaido. Food, rice and sake was great. seems to be a dead town though, we didn't encounter much people considering it's vast size.

So your Japanese teaching English in South Korea, that's interesting, good to meet you. How long have you been there?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...