The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

KNOWLEDGE Hack -- Double (triple??) Your reading speed AND comprehension

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Hey guys,

Just a very quick post of a tip I just found I'm going to start implementing. I tried it on a chapter of TMF and it works like magic.

See this short video

I like audio books but I comprehend more by actually reading as I find I get distracted while just "listening" to a book.....

THE SOLUTION-- listen to the audio book (at 2x speed) AND read at the same time.

You'll be crushing books in no time and be closer to The Matrix-like learning ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
yeah this technique is pretty great! I posted the same vid in another topic on reading recently.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
One objection I might hear:

"But Evan, that means I'll be paying double on the books I'm buying... it's a waste of money"

Let's say the average time it takes you to read a book is 10 hours.. heck even 6 hours if you're a fast reader. The average book is about 15 bucks...

This should cut that time in half so you'll have 3 extra hours.

15/3 = $5/hour

Is your time worth more than $5 per hour?

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Maybe if I wanted to read for entertainment or rah-rah motivational bullshit this would work, but the only things I read now are for gaining specific skills.

Things I want to take notes down, highlight, and leave sticky notes in. Things I have to actually do as I read to learn.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Want a fast reading hack?

spreeder.com

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Maybe if I wanted to read for entertainment or rah-rah motivational bullshit this would work, but the only things I read now are for gaining specific skills.

Things I want to take notes down, highlight, and leave sticky notes in. Things I have to actually do as I read to learn.

I'm not sure I underdand how this would prevent you from doing that?

You have the book in hand and can easily pause the audio.

You're adding another of your senses to the reading so this should actually help in what you're trying to achieve. The guy in the video uses this for educational purposes...

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I'm not sure I underdand how this would prevent you from doing that?

You have the book in hand and can easily pause the audio.

You're adding another of your senses to the reading so this should actually help in what you're trying to achieve. The guy in the video uses this for educational purposes...
My bad man, I came off super cunty in my previous post.

A lot of what I read nowadays isn't the Rich Dad, Poor Dad, leave-you-with-good-feels type self-help stuff. I made the mistake of reading one a few weeks ago and didn't realize til I was already committed.

I go to page 112, read what I need, close the book, then go apply it. If it's something new I'm interested in and I have an entry level book, then I can see how this would be beneficial.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.