The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kitchen Porter Staffing Agency (UK)

Idea threads

terrordread

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 26, 2020
I've been working in a restaurant in London since the beginning of the year and one of the biggest pain points I see for the owners and senior management is how unreliable the kitchen porters are. Sometimes they don't show up and we have no idea why, sometimes they cancel 30 minutes before a shift, sometimes they need to leave before the end of the dinner service, etc. Without KPs the kitchen can not function. A few years ago I worked in a different restaurant and the emergency KP got paid a better hourly rate than the permanent cooks.

Anybody got experience with this type of business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
biggest pain points I see for the owners and senior management is how unreliable the kitchen porters are
No, but your domain experience has clearly has identified a need.
I live near quite a lot of restaurants (UK) and I am always seeing signs in the windows for kitchen porters & waiting staff.
One Italian restaurant just round the corner from me has had a sign in the window looking for kitchen porters for at least 6 months now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.