The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kid's Millionaire Fastlane - We Want It. Vote Yes!!

Should MJ write Kids Millionaire Fastlane

• Hells to the Yeah!

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No, I want young people I know to be unfulfilled wage slaves with huge college debts!

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

codonnell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Aug 15, 2013
Hi MJ and Forum Members,

Like all members here, I love the Millionaire Fastlane book and own Kindle and Audio Version (MJ's acting voice is unparalleled, especially when he speaks the part of the Slowlaners). I am applying MJs principles to my hedge fund.

My Niece is turning 8 and I would love her to be introduced to the principles of the Millionaire Fastlane as soon as possible. The current text of MF is too adult for her.

Would MJ consider putting out a child's version with exercises (calculate what you can earn as an employee versus owning a business etc)?

The rewrite could be outsourced majority of work to a children''s educational author!

If you agree, please respond to this post with the text: Kids Millionare Fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
Hi MJ and Forum Members,

Like all members here, I love the Millionaire Fastlane book and own Kindle and Audio Version (MJ's acting voice is unparalleled, especially when he speaks the part of the Slowlaners). I am applying MJs principles to my hedge fund.

My Niece is turning 8 and I would love her to be introduced to the principles of the Millionaire Fastlane as soon as possible. The current text of MF is too adult for her.

Would MJ consider putting out a child's version with exercises (calculate what you can earn as an employee versus owning a business etc)?

The rewrite could be outsourced majority of work to a children''s educational author!

If you agree, please respond to this post with the text: Kids Millionare Fastlane.
Dr seuss- oh the places you'll go

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I do think he could write a version aimed specifically at juniors in high school. Using their language.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Hi MJ and Forum Members,

What value do you believe a re-write would add?
Why would an 8 year old want to read a book as big as TMF?

I thought that's what adults were for: to paraphrase advanced concepts to kids.
To plant seeds in their minds.
Or is there something else in the way of doing that?

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

He means a book with more colorful pictures, Lamborghini's, and color books.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
Man, you guys are rough on the high school crowd.:rofl:(No hard feelings.) I'm not sure how effective a book like TMF would be for someone that young. I couldn't name one book that I read 8 years ago. Directing the book towards 8th graders-High School juniors would probably be more effective.

codonnell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Aug 15, 2013
Man, you guys are rough on the high school crowd.:rofl:(No hard feelings.) I'm not sure how effective a book like TMF would be for someone that young. I couldn't name one book that I read 8 years ago. Directing the book towards 8th graders-High School juniors would probably be more effective.
You are probably right that age 8 may be too young. I think a smaller version of the book with key concepts with working examples would help plant the seeds of entrepreneurship.

codonnell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Aug 15, 2013

For one a re-write could be undertaken to make the book smaller. It could also simplify certain concepts and provide examples. Nothing to stop an adult doing that, a kid version could assist the process.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
It is never smart to speak on someone else's behalf, particularly when you don't know them. You are a Dickhead.

Jeeepers! You're feels are easily hurt. That how you conduct business too?

IMO no kid cares about this stuff until maybe early teans at the earliest. So they aren't going to enjoy a book on the subject. Far more likely to digest the broad subjects from a parent planting the seed, as mentioned above

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
Would your kid actually read the book? 8 Years old seems way too young for most kids that age.

Instead.. why don't you teach her (without her knowing), important principles for success?

Use the book 'TaGR' as an example. The first story in that book talks about a father doing this same thing for his deaf son.

Have exploratory conversations with her. Try to nudge her and make it 'her thoughts' instead of you telling her something.

Good idea.. but kids would not be thinking about how to abide by the 5 Commandments to go fastlane at that age. Most people in adulthood would not /do not understand it.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Did a disagreement over a children's book escalate into name calling?

^^lets everybody take a look at that sentence and the absurdity of its existence

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
I think the idea of writing a children's version of the book is good. The question is probably one of marketability more than anything else. That one is tricky since most parents don't give a damn about their children's education.

My wife, however, writes children's stories. She makes a point of covering as many adult-type topics as possible for the age-group she is targeting. Why and how to decouple time from your work equation are simple ideas with enormous implication, but I believe they can be understood by a child... I think would even be obvious to many children.

In Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn there is the funny story about Huck conning his friends into painting a wall for him. It is the same basic idea.

I'd say its an idea worth investigating in any case. How many of us have kids? I do!

LukasOO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jan 2, 2017
Denmark
Hi MJ and Forum Members,

I must say, I just finished the Millionaire Fastlane a couple of months ago. I'm personally 16 years old, and i assume my age is categorised under the word "Kid". With that said, after I read the Millionaire Fastlane i put time and effort into changing my mindset, which only was partly developed because I was following the view upon life that are given by the schools. Get a long education, get a job, work your way up the ladder while saving to your 401k, retire at 80, and take the risk of living, and so forth.
However, if you as a kid (from any country, I'm from Denmark myself), and decide to apply the rules highlighted, you will get as much out of the book as any adult. I put my time and effort into it, and found my own "Fastlane" from starting a Newsletter/webshop, and I'm almost ready for launch. This is not my final step over the finish line, but it's my first single step on a great marathon.
However, I certainly support the idea of spreading the mindsets to 8 year olds, so im fully supportive of the idea.

Angelic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 19, 2016
You are probably right that age 8 may be too young. I think a smaller version of the book with key concepts with working examples would help plant the seeds of entrepreneurship.
One can never be too young to learn about such a life-changing concept. Just think, we can see more 8 year old lemonade stand moguls who own a lemonade stand on every street corner paying workers to serve and sell lemonade.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.