The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kevin Rose admits DIGGs mistakes

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Digg founder: We let Digg stagnate | VentureBeat

Interesting article, the part i wanted to bring up here is this.

Digg, the pioneering social-news site which lets users vote on top headlines, began to lose momentum during the recession because it pulled engineers from designing new site features to work on improving revenue, founder Kevin Rose said today. Rose said that looking back, he would have hired additional engineers to handle implementing new advertising features instead, in comments made at an interview at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco..

So essentially in rough times, they got shakey and pulled back, rather than charging forward. In the end this allows Reddit to prosper from the "big giant"

This is a great example of not letting the big guys scare you from starting what you want to do, and it also shows exactly how the phrase "the internet levels the playing feild" is so true.

They made mistakes, now the smaller guy is benefiting.

(p.s. my writing is horrible latley, guess i wont be starting that blog any time soon)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.