The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just ordered Fastlane book. Can I do anything in the meantime?

GaryFromDurham

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2011
Durham - United Kingdom
Hi

I am new MJ DeMarco fan after reading the first 3 chapters yesterday (I still have about 10 pages to go) and am inspired by what I have read so far. (If you read this MJ DeMarco, I want you to know that I love what I have read so far and it really struck a chord with me. Thank you VERY MUCH).

I ordered the book which might take a while to reach me here in the UK.

Is there anything I can be doing in preparation for it arriving in the meantime?

I am exploring this forum and reading the posts but if anybody has any practical suggestions on preparing myself for the fastlane I would love to know.

My mind is buzzing from what I read but I want to calm down and get focussed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or words of advice.

Best wishes

Gary

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
What do you mean by what can you do in the meantime?
Live your life, keep improving every day, enjoy the present time, strive for financial freedom but don't be obsessed with wealth. I'm sure MJ's book is a great tool to assist towards financial freedom but it's just a book. There is no magic book out there that will make you get rich quick. MJ had to work hard to achieve his success. If you can't think of anything else to do while awaiting for a book to arrive, you might be a little too excited for your own good.

GaryFromDurham

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2011
Durham - United Kingdom
What do you mean by what can you do in the meantime?
Live your life, keep improving every day, enjoy the present time, strive for financial freedom but don't be obsessed with wealth. I'm sure MJ's book is a great tool to assist towards financial freedom but it's just a book. There is no magic book out there that will make you get rich quick. MJ had to work hard to achieve his success. If you can't think of anything else to do while awaiting for a book to arrive, you might be a little too excited for your own good.

You don't need to remind me that:

1) it's just a book
2) There is no magic bullet to getting rich
3) I am not to be obsessed with wealth
4) MJ had to work hard to get where he is.

I get all of those things and none of them addressed any of the thoughts that I was thinking. In fact they could not be further away from what was on my mind.

The whole point of MJ's book is to show us how we can take action and change our lives.

That is EXACTLY what I am going to do.

It would be pointless to read the book and not make changes......hence my question what can I do in the meantime.

I have already created a business plan, but this was BEFORE reading MJ's book.

I was looking at my career from a different perspective and now I want to change it accordingly. As I don't have the rest of the book I was simply asking if MJ makes any suggestion on how to make the first steps.

Many would argue the Bible, the Koran and many other works were JUST books, and that is all they would remain if people did not read them and apply them to their own lives. But people embrace the thoughts in the books and make changes in their lives that make them happier people.

For me, MJ's book was a light bulb moment because it has made me see things from a different angle and was contrary to all of the other things I have read.

So yes, I may be excited....... but I am not a dreamer and I am not waiting for wealth to drop on my doormat and neither is my life on hold until the book arrives!

Regards

Gary From Durham

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
Hi

I am new MJ DeMarco fan after reading the first 3 chapters yesterday (I still have about 10 pages to go) and am inspired by what I have read so far. (If you read this MJ DeMarco, I want you to know that I love what I have read so far and it really struck a chord with me. Thank you VERY MUCH).

I ordered the book which might take a while to reach me here in the UK.

Is there anything I can be doing in preparation for it arriving in the meantime?

I am exploring this forum and reading the posts but if anybody has any practical suggestions on preparing myself for the fastlane I would love to know.

My mind is buzzing from what I read but I want to calm down and get focussed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or words of advice.

Best wishes

Gary

Reread this yourself and look at it as if someone else had posted it and tell me honestly what message you get from it. I can't read your mind so I respond according to the message I get from your post.

I didn't mean to offend. I hope someone else has a better advice/response for you as to what you can do while you wait for the book.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Have a smartphone? Get the kindle app and get the book today.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As 911 mentioned, enjoy life. All we have are moments, and if you are too future oriented, the moments are lost.

If you're curious about Fastlane, you can check out my YouTube channel where there are a bunch of videos that will give you a verbal insight into Fastlane concepts.

‪FastlaneMJ's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Or my blog

Fastlane Entrepreneurs

Some of the info there might serve as a nice appetizer before reading the book.

Welcome Gary!

GaryFromDurham

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2011
Durham - United Kingdom
Reread this yourself and look at it as if someone else had posted it and tell me honestly what message you get from it. I can't read your mind so I respond according to the message I get from your post.

I didn't mean to offend. I hope someone else has a better advice/response for you as to what you can do while you wait for the book.

I see your point :eek:)

No offence taken.

Best wishes

Gary From Durham

GaryFromDurham

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2011
Durham - United Kingdom
As 911 mentioned, enjoy life. All we have are moments, and if you are too future oriented, the moments are lost.

If you're curious about Fastlane, you can check out my YouTube channel where there are a bunch of videos that will give you a verbal insight into Fastlane concepts.

‪FastlaneMJ's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Or my blog

Fastlane Entrepreneurs

Some of the info there might serve as a nice appetizer before reading the book.

Welcome Gary!

MJ

I understand what you and 911 are saying and will take them on board. Thanks for the reminder and for taking the time to give me the pointers towards your Youtube channel and blogs.

Kind regards

Gary From Durham

fast_track_chaz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 23, 2009
Maybe in the meantime...look and listen to whats around you. Find out what annoys people or what annoys you. Think of ways how those annoyance can become a fastlane idea. Sometimes we go about our lives with blinders on.

easymoney99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Aug 3, 2011
Yea man you need to have a list of where you want to go, and when you find yourself doing nothing take steps to get closer to your goals

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.