The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just gonna drop it on you all at once.

Noneya

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2020
Paris, France
Hello All,

I’m 29 years old and completely new to TMF .

I recently got so jealous about a post by a close family friend. He professed his goal of becoming a millionaire in the next year. It’s something I know he can achieve. He’s currently really successful in his businesses and have so far started 3. And they’re all doing well. He’s always had the flair for success. It was as plain as day even from a child. But I was jealous. I had to admit it to myself.

He is living the life that I should’ve been 6 years ago at his age. The life everyone who knew me thought I would have. I appeared confident and full of inspiration and goals. I talked a good game. I was smart, I was brave and I made my own circumstances. The reason my already poor family funded my two degrees. They had big hopes that I would do something with my life and elevate theirs. I was meant to become somebody and repay that debt of sacrifice. I was the one who much was given and much was expected. All to just be where I am now, 10 years later as a nanny. Albeit undercover. I’ve never been able to utter the words from my lips. Not to anyone. Least not my family. I just couldn’t do it. For the past 2 years I’ve been able to keep up the farce about still having my finance job.

The guilt is so unbearable because I know I can do better, I know I can work harder but, I just don’t know how to move. Even with life’s loud banging on my door. I can hear the screams, the alarms and I can feel that something isn’t right. I can hear the desperation in my mother’s voice for help. I want to help her. I know that I’m not using my potential - I know there is a greater purpose for my life and I hear the clock ticking. I have all the tools, I have read all the books, I have all the notes and everything I need to get started.

The problem is, I don’t feel like doing anything. I have the gnawing feeling of urgency but I find myself having a hard time taking action regardless. I don’t know why. I feel mentally paralysed. I used to be afraid of success, but that’s not what it is anymore. I have the willingness to do something but I just crawl under the covers and cry instead.

I recently moved into my own apartment. I’m no where near where I was last year during this exact July month (extremely broke and scared), but I have the exact same feeling right now as I did when I was. Last year should’ve been my FTE. I was in a bad place. I read Rich, Dad and applied the lessons straight away. Which led me to controlling my finances for the past year and actually having savings. Now, I have savings and a place to stay of my own and yet I feel nothing. Like I should still be living a better life. Like I deserve more but I know I’m not yet working towards it, so I can’t possibly deserve it.

I’ve had a website idea lingering for the past year and I recently decided to give it a shot. I got in touch with a developer who gave me a quote of about $1900 all in. Up until that moment, I thought the idea would’ve been good. But then I froze and talked myself out of it. Told him that I’ll let him know another time. All of a sudden, I don’t have trust in the idea anymore. I figured I was ‘ignoring the process principle’ by paying someone to build the site and expecting the money to rake in. Sure I would be solving a problem/making things easier, but I haven’t been sure on what scale. I’m stuck in between winging it to see what happens and to experience my first entrepreneurial stint, or considering something I am more confident in and can put work into myself.

I’m currently on a brief vacation from work, and I am dreading going back. I feel intensely unhappy and I want to quit. The money has been good, and in fact I make more than someone working a ‘great’ office finance job, but I’ve given enough of my time and effort. I work hard. Now I want to become rich. That’s the only way I can help my big family. This is where I am on the road to freedom. This is the reason I am going to push myself to seeing opportunities and problems that I can solve. Because I’m so scared of giving my employer my best years and all my energy. I just don’t know how to put myself into gear yet. No matter what I try, I feel numbed to inspiration. My goal for the next two weeks before I return to work, is finding a way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

peterb0yd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Dec 30, 2019
Yeah man it's tough. It's a lonely, boring, dull, sometimes painful road with the potential for greatness (and massive growth).

The alternative is the slow-lane. Comfortable, pleasant, stable with lots of company (but no real glory).

Afraid of spending $1900?

Go test the idea. Who is your target audience? Where can you find them?

Go interview at least 20 of them if you can and try to validate the idea. Ask them about the problem you're solving. Google "customer discovery interviews" for more ideas.

Once you can validate the idea in some way, you'll be more confident to pull the trigger on building the assets (landing page, logo, prototypes, etc).

Ease your way into this thing, don't go spending thousands of dollars because you think your idea is brilliant. Make the idea pay by challenging it against the market.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I've found the 10 year test a good one.

what would you like to be doing in 10 years?
how would your average day be structured?
what time would you wake up?
how many (if any) employees would you have?
how many customers would it take to do this? (example: 5M revenue / each client = 50,000 per year = 100 clients. or 5M / each client at 1M per year = 5 customers/clients. )

If you could have that today, what would you need to change?

Do you need a different warehouse?
New computer (better/faster?)

Now that you have a list of things that need to be done, do them, one step at a time :)

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I’ve had a website idea lingering for the past year and I recently decided to give it a shot. I got in touch with a developer who gave me a quote of about $1900 all in. Up until that moment, I thought the idea would’ve been good. But then I froze and talked myself out of it. Told him that I’ll let him know another time. All of a sudden, I don’t have trust in the idea anymore. I figured I was ‘ignoring the process principle’ by paying someone to build the site and expecting the money to rake in. Sure I would be solving a problem/making things easier, but I haven’t been sure on what scale. I’m stuck in between winging it to see what happens and to experience my first entrepreneurial stint, or considering something I am more confident in and can put work into myself.

It' fun to create your own website, and it's on the cheap, down low, and you get to learn a lot of things.... lots of fun.

Here's the funny thing though, when you get successful, do you want to operate the website? or have someone else do it?

Do you think MJ makes everything on this website/forum? for that matter, do you think he made any part of it? I don't know him very well, and haven't really read much about how this forum was made, but I'm guessing that he has a working idea of how it works, but hasn't actually made a lot of the little details on it, but rather, has spent his time creating content on here.

Just my $.02 :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tonibob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 22, 2020
London
Hello All,

I’m 29 years old and completely new to TMF .

I recently got so jealous about a post by a close family friend. He professed his goal of becoming a millionaire in the next year. It’s something I know he can achieve. He’s currently really successful in his businesses and have so far started 3. And they’re all doing well. He’s always had the flair for success. It was as plain as day even from a child. But I was jealous. I had to admit it to myself.

He is living the life that I should’ve been 6 years ago at his age. The life everyone who knew me thought I would have. I appeared confident and full of inspiration and goals. I talked a good game. I was smart, I was brave and I made my own circumstances. The reason my already poor family funded my two degrees. They had big hopes that I would do something with my life and elevate theirs. I was meant to become somebody and repay that debt of sacrifice. I was the one who much was given and much was expected. All to just be where I am now, 10 years later as a nanny. Albeit undercover. I’ve never been able to utter the words from my lips. Not to anyone. Least not my family. I just couldn’t do it. For the past 2 years I’ve been able to keep up the farce about still having my finance job.

The guilt is so unbearable because I know I can do better, I know I can work harder but, I just don’t know how to move. Even with life’s loud banging on my door. I can hear the screams, the alarms and I can feel that something isn’t right. I can hear the desperation in my mother’s voice for help. I want to help her. I know that I’m not using my potential - I know there is a greater purpose for my life and I hear the clock ticking. I have all the tools, I have read all the books, I have all the notes and everything I need to get started.

The problem is, I don’t feel like doing anything. I have the gnawing feeling of urgency but I find myself having a hard time taking action regardless. I don’t know why. I feel mentally paralysed. I used to be afraid of success, but that’s not what it is anymore. I have the willingness to do something but I just crawl under the covers and cry instead.

I recently moved into my own apartment. I’m no where near where I was last year during this exact July month (extremely broke and scared), but I have the exact same feeling right now as I did when I was. Last year should’ve been my FTE. I was in a bad place. I read Rich, Dad and applied the lessons straight away. Which led me to controlling my finances for the past year and actually having savings. Now, I have savings and a place to stay of my own and yet I feel nothing. Like I should still be living a better life. Like I deserve more but I know I’m not yet working towards it, so I can’t possibly deserve it.

I’m currently on a brief vacation from work, and I am dreading going back. I feel intensely unhappy and I want to quit. The money has been good, and in fact I make more than someone working a ‘great’ office finance job, but I’ve given enough of my time and effort. I work hard. Now I want to become rich. That’s the only way I can help my big family. This is where I am on the road to freedom. This is the reason I am going to push myself to seeing opportunities and problems that I can solve. Because I’m so scared of giving my employer my best years and all my energy. I just don’t know how to put myself into gear yet. No matter what I try, I feel numbed to inspiration. My goal for the next two weeks before I return to work, is finding a way.
@Monplaisir you judge yourself to much. We all have these days, we are not different than you, we just keep showing up, we just keep trying to get it right. You know that from every 10 business 9 fail, but you know that 1 succeed. Keep trying until you get to that 1, you need only 1 anyways. It could be the 10th, it could be the 5th or it could be 1st one you start. Don't put yourself down before you even started, this forum is full of ideas and people who will support you!

What was the Nike's Moto: JUST DO IT!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...