The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just finished "Unscripted"

Anything related to matters of the mind

Primer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Aug 3, 2018
in the 18 or 19 months since my "F*ck this" event I haven't listened to music (huge for me as it used to be my career) or any kind of radio. I spend 2 - 2.5 hours per day in my car, commuting each way to my slave-den. Instead, I know consume books (Audible). In the past several months I have consumed:
  • Side Hustle: Build a side business and make extra money - without quitting your day job
  • Inspired: How to Create Tech Products Customers Love, Second Edition
  • The Upstarts: How Uber, Airbnb and the Killer Companies of the New Silicon Valley Are Changing the World
  • The Everything Store
  • The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
  • Chaos Monkeys: Inside the Silicon Valley Money Machine
  • Crushing It
  • Elon Musk
  • The Hard Thing About Hard Things
  • Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility (the netflix book)
  • Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
  • Business for punks
  • Rework
  • Zero to One
Several others.... and now as of today: Unscripted .

I can confidently say that Unscripted is the best one I have consumed thus far.

I'm not in the habit of gushing or blowing smoke up someone's a$$. However I'm also not in the habit of being able to communicate directly with the author of a fantastic book.

@MJ DeMarco - Unscripted wasn't life changing to me, it was life affirming. I now have a name for what happened to me 18 months ago (FTE). I now have a name for the life I'm currently leading (scripted) and the life that I'm building (Unscription).

I'm not saying I didn't learn anything... I learned a shit ton from your book. But I also read a lot of what I'm already doing, what I already believe, and what I have already come to understand on my own. It's extremely validating and extremely motivating.

I won't go on. Suffice is to say thank you for the great writing and free thinking.

Now, tomorrow morning's commute is the start of TMF . Can't wait.

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can confidently say that Unscripted is the best one I have consumed thus far.

Yah! Glad you enjoyed!

Now, tomorrow morning's commute is the start of TMF . Can't wait.

That goes a bit more into the mathematics of creating wealth. And the writing is a little different since I wrote both 10 years apart. Hope you enjoy that as well. I think Unscripted is much better, but then again, I'm years older and a different person. Thanks for the post.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.