What's new

Just finished "Unscripted"

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Primer

New Contributor
Joined
Aug 3, 2018
Messages
41
Rep Bank
$370
User Power: 215%
in the 18 or 19 months since my "F*ck this" event I haven't listened to music (huge for me as it used to be my career) or any kind of radio. I spend 2 - 2.5 hours per day in my car, commuting each way to my slave-den. Instead, I know consume books (Audible). In the past several months I have consumed:
  • Side Hustle: Build a side business and make extra money - without quitting your day job
  • Inspired: How to Create Tech Products Customers Love, Second Edition
  • The Upstarts: How Uber, Airbnb and the Killer Companies of the New Silicon Valley Are Changing the World
  • The Everything Store
  • The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
  • Chaos Monkeys: Inside the Silicon Valley Money Machine
  • Crushing It
  • Elon Musk
  • The Hard Thing About Hard Things
  • Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility (the netflix book)
  • Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
  • Business for punks
  • Rework
  • Zero to One
Several others.... and now as of today: Unscripted .

I can confidently say that Unscripted is the best one I have consumed thus far.

I'm not in the habit of gushing or blowing smoke up someone's a$$. However I'm also not in the habit of being able to communicate directly with the author of a fantastic book.

@MJ DeMarco - Unscripted wasn't life changing to me, it was life affirming. I now have a name for what happened to me 18 months ago (FTE). I now have a name for the life I'm currently leading (scripted) and the life that I'm building (Unscription).

I'm not saying I didn't learn anything... I learned a shit ton from your book. But I also read a lot of what I'm already doing, what I already believe, and what I have already come to understand on my own. It's extremely validating and extremely motivating.

I won't go on. Suffice is to say thank you for the great writing and free thinking.

Now, tomorrow morning's commute is the start of TMF . Can't wait.

Cheers
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O dep dupgofipvmz tez vjev Aptdsoqvif ot vji citv upi O jewi duptanif vjat ges.

Zej! Hmef zua ipkuzif!

Pux, vunussux nuspoph't dunnavi ot vji tvesv ug VNG. Dep'v xeov.

Vjev huit e cov nusi opvu vji nevjinevodt ug dsievoph xiemvj. Epf vji xsovoph ot e movvmi foggisipv topdi O xsuvi cuvj 10 ziest eqesv. Juqi zua ipkuz vjev et ximm. O vjopl Aptdsoqvif ot nadj civvis, cav vjip eheop, O'n ziest umfis epf e foggisipv qistup. Vjeplt gus vji qutv.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom