- Joined
- May 21, 2011
- Messages
- 1,144
Rep Bank
$2,380
$2,380
User Power: 346%
I have been out of college only a few years now so I thought I would chime in to maybe shed light on this very common question in a way that I have not read before on this forum.
And the answer is, it depends. But it doesn't depend in the way you think it does, the major is pretty much completely irrelevant when it comes to minutia. In reality you can major in anything, anything that forces you to solve problems on a regular basis. Typically this STEM majors but I'm sure there are plenty of others I'm not aware of.
What most people fail to realize before actually becoming an entrepreneur is the fact that every day is just made up of a bunch of small problems you must solve. Usually there a little different, but they keep coming and keep changing, especially if you are growing quickly.
Dana white once said "your always thinking if I just make it to that point it will start getting easier but it never does, it just keeps getting harder."
Everyone that wishes to be an entrepreneur should do two things if they want to go to college:
1. Get a full ride to a state school
2. Choose a major that forces you to solve different problems for four years, the specific subject is completely irrelevant.
Once you get out of school, you'll be much better off as you are already comfortable dealing with problems day in and day out.
God speed.
And the answer is, it depends. But it doesn't depend in the way you think it does, the major is pretty much completely irrelevant when it comes to minutia. In reality you can major in anything, anything that forces you to solve problems on a regular basis. Typically this STEM majors but I'm sure there are plenty of others I'm not aware of.
What most people fail to realize before actually becoming an entrepreneur is the fact that every day is just made up of a bunch of small problems you must solve. Usually there a little different, but they keep coming and keep changing, especially if you are growing quickly.
Dana white once said "your always thinking if I just make it to that point it will start getting easier but it never does, it just keeps getting harder."
Everyone that wishes to be an entrepreneur should do two things if they want to go to college:
1. Get a full ride to a state school
2. Choose a major that forces you to solve different problems for four years, the specific subject is completely irrelevant.
Once you get out of school, you'll be much better off as you are already comfortable dealing with problems day in and day out.
God speed.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
