The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Journey to Improve Myself and Accumulate Wealth

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TorkXZero

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 25, 2015
Hello everyone, For a while now I've been focusing on game development and programming, but recent events have made me decide to switch gears.

Since I have no definite road-map to wealth, all I can do right now Is increase my knowledge and experience.

The first steps I'm taking on this path are to complete Gary Halbert's 30 day copy writing challenge, and get my body in order.

I'll Update this thread with my progress everyday or whenever I can.

First Entry:

February 11th, 2015, the first day of the thirty day challenge. Due to low funds, I made my way to my city's public library in search of the nine books in Gary Halbert's challenge only to be met with calamity. Not a single book could be found in this place. I reluctantly visited the community college I failed (see my first thread). I was pleased to find that their library carried a few of the books necessary for the challenge, and since I'm technically still a student there, I was able to borrow them. I stayed in the library and finished the first book on the list.("Scientific Advertising", by Claude Hopkins) I'm currently reading the second book ("The Robert Collier Letter Book", by Robert Collier).

That is my progress with the thirty day challenge. As for my health efforts, I made no strides in this department, unfortunately.

To Do Tomorrow

1. Wake up At 7:00 Am.
2. Establish a Morning routine (Including exercise and a balanced breakfast)
3. Read at least 200 pages of The Robert Collier Letter Book.
4. Put my TV up for sale.

Will be Reporting back tomorrow.
Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TorkXZero

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 25, 2015
2/12/2015, Day two:

I failed to accomplish even a single one of my goals for the day, but that is to be expected considering I made them in a rushed fashion with little resolve.

I only managed to read about 70 pages of the 2nd book (only 400 pages and 7 books left).
I didn't exercise. I did eat a good breakfast,
but I woke up at 12:00 (as usual)
I procrastinated the hell out of putting my TV up for sale.

Today was a complete failure, but I will not stop in my efforts to improve myself and situation. I've begun to think
I'm trying to change my habits too abruptly, and by doing so, am asking for failure. So I'm instead going to focus on making small changes every day and sticking with them.

To Do Tomorrow

Put my TV up for sale.
Read at least 200 pages. (I know I can do it!)
Drink At least 5 full cups of water (Starting small)
Wake up before 10:00 am (Building to 7 incrementally)

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Try breaking your goals down into steps. For example:

Put my TV up for sale.
- Take a photo of the TV.
- Open a new craigslist post.
- Write description.
- Upload photo and post.

This way you're not overwhelmed, and the individual steps are so easy to do that you build momentum and complete the goal. If you get stuck on a step, break it down even more until you put down something that's easy to just do. Good article on momentum: http://www.engineering.com/Jobs/JobArticles/ArticleID/5869/Battle-of-Brain-ville.aspx

TorkXZero

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 25, 2015
Thanks King! I read the article and I have to say it struck a cord with me. I'll definitely be using this method from now on.

Last edited:

TorkXZero

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 25, 2015
2/16/2015 Day 6

I'm only 160 pages into the second book.
I purchased a kindle so that i can read more on the go.
I also managed to sell my TV for 300 bucks. (put towards savings until worthwhile investment can be made)
I have been routinely waking up at 12 which needs to stop.

To Do Tomorrow

1. wake up before 12
2. read for at least 2 hours

William Gibson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2014
What's going on man, I've been struggling with the similar issues
Just keep working at it though! Eventually we will both be productive machines, just one step at a time

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
No need for daily updates as this place is not setup for that much noise. Use a journal for that and post here only when you have major milestones. Good luck!

rivertucky

Hard times Kiss my a$$!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Feb 16, 2015
tampa
Try going to sleep early, take some nyquil, sleeping pills or equivalent.
It helps me get my body clock back in order and if you fall asleep around 8pm chances are you are going to wake up around 6am-maybe 9.
At least its a start!

An obnoxious alarm clock on the other side of the room helps too. haha.

FreshStart87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
No need for daily updates as this place is not setup for that much noise. Use a journal for that and post here only when you have major milestones. Good luck!
A little off subject but do you use a daily journal vig?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.