What's new

Journey to a two-time college dropout

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

swanson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Nov 11, 2017
Messages
4
Location
Barcelona, Spain
Rep Bank
$135
User Power: 150%
My goal is to drop out of college as soon as possible. For the second time.

My name is Em, I'm a 21-year-old guy from Spain and I'm currently studying aerospace engineering. I was studying a double degree of aerospace and business management and administration, but I dropped out of BA after finishing my second year of uni. I just didn't see value in what I learnt. I was burning my time studying for exams that evaluated stuff that I wasn't applying in life.

I believe that unless you put into practice what you learn and see in it a real use with your own eyes, studying is useless and you will forget what you're taught. It's all about connecting the dots. And I wasn't connecting them while studying BA.

It's not the same case as in aerospace engineering - a year ago I founded a non-profit student association which aims to become the first student organization to design and build a rocket that reaches space (100 km). It's so different when you go to a class and when you're taught something new suddenly all the dots connect. Meanwhile, for the others, unamused, fail to see the value of it.

However, now having about 2-3 years left of my aerospace engineering degree, my goal is to drop out.

MJ's books have poisoned my perception of life. For the good or for the bad, I don't know or care, but I can't see things the way I saw them before I read his books. A lot of things I overlooked seem really obvious and clear now. I feel anxiety when I imagine myself in a 9-5 job, not having the freedom of change when I feel like it. Hell, I'd probably like to have an space-related job for a few years of my life, but I don't want to be forced to stay with it forever. I want to feel I have the freedom to use my time as I wish.

I believe aerospace engineering will not give me the skillset to become unscripted nor it is an industry in which opening a new business is something common. I love everything related to space engineering, but my desire to be the owner of my time is stronger. Plus, I've proven myself that I can learn by my own anything I want. I've designed and built rocket motors and propellant without anyone to teach me, so I believe that I don't really need a degree if I wanted to work in the industry.

I want to unscript as fast as possible. I believe that if I wait until I graduate, the scripted machinery and momentum could take my into the "adult world" with a job, bills to pay, responsabilities... I have little time left with reduced responsabilites while living with my parents.

I'm dedicating quite a few weekly hours on my unscription journey, but still not enough. Right now it's around 15 weekly hours, and I'm trying to gradually squeeze in more, sacrificing uni hours and weekends. I have some ideas related to internet services I want to materialize. Currently I'm just learning as fast as I can coding, design, marketing, etc.

It's going to be a rough journey, and this forum is rocket fuel for my odyssey. So thank you to all the contributors of this site, who post their insights and experiences and share their knowledge openly. I'll try to join in so maybe I can help back in some way aswell!

Em
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom