The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Journey to a two-time college dropout

swanson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 11, 2017
Barcelona, Spain
My goal is to drop out of college as soon as possible. For the second time.

My name is Em, I'm a 21-year-old guy from Spain and I'm currently studying aerospace engineering. I was studying a double degree of aerospace and business management and administration, but I dropped out of BA after finishing my second year of uni. I just didn't see value in what I learnt. I was burning my time studying for exams that evaluated stuff that I wasn't applying in life.

I believe that unless you put into practice what you learn and see in it a real use with your own eyes, studying is useless and you will forget what you're taught. It's all about connecting the dots. And I wasn't connecting them while studying BA.

It's not the same case as in aerospace engineering - a year ago I founded a non-profit student association which aims to become the first student organization to design and build a rocket that reaches space (100 km). It's so different when you go to a class and when you're taught something new suddenly all the dots connect. Meanwhile, for the others, unamused, fail to see the value of it.

However, now having about 2-3 years left of my aerospace engineering degree, my goal is to drop out.

MJ's books have poisoned my perception of life. For the good or for the bad, I don't know or care, but I can't see things the way I saw them before I read his books. A lot of things I overlooked seem really obvious and clear now. I feel anxiety when I imagine myself in a 9-5 job, not having the freedom of change when I feel like it. Hell, I'd probably like to have an space-related job for a few years of my life, but I don't want to be forced to stay with it forever. I want to feel I have the freedom to use my time as I wish.

I believe aerospace engineering will not give me the skillset to become unscripted nor it is an industry in which opening a new business is something common. I love everything related to space engineering, but my desire to be the owner of my time is stronger. Plus, I've proven myself that I can learn by my own anything I want. I've designed and built rocket motors and propellant without anyone to teach me, so I believe that I don't really need a degree if I wanted to work in the industry.

I want to unscript as fast as possible. I believe that if I wait until I graduate, the scripted machinery and momentum could take my into the "adult world" with a job, bills to pay, responsabilities... I have little time left with reduced responsabilites while living with my parents.

I'm dedicating quite a few weekly hours on my unscription journey, but still not enough. Right now it's around 15 weekly hours, and I'm trying to gradually squeeze in more, sacrificing uni hours and weekends. I have some ideas related to internet services I want to materialize. Currently I'm just learning as fast as I can coding, design, marketing, etc.

It's going to be a rough journey, and this forum is rocket fuel for my odyssey. So thank you to all the contributors of this site, who post their insights and experiences and share their knowledge openly. I'll try to join in so maybe I can help back in some way aswell!

Em

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...