- Joined
- Apr 19, 2019
- Messages
- 249
Rep Bank
$940
$940
User Power: 127%
Hope you're doing good, guys. This is my second journaling post of my search for a productocracy.
As of now, I've done some light testing of the waters of an ultra diet plan that cured my digestion syndrome. So far, I've had interest from a few people (About 30 have shown a lot of interest, a few others have been mildly interested). This has been completely organic with me messaging a lot of people and posting on forums; $0 have been spent. I've had no direct results from the diet itself (yet) but, in general, people ARE interested in it.
My thing now is 1) that I want to expand to a larger audience to really test the waters and 2) wait for the results of the diet in people, if there are any. I obviously don't want to twiddle my thumbs while people do the diet (it usually takes about 2 weeks to really see full effects) so I wanted to market test.
I have a few questions in regards to this. I did marketing and web design before I really dived into an unscripted business, so I'm a bit familiar with how landing pages and ads work. However, is it worth it to pay for a landing page with full copywriting just to test the market? In Unscripted MJ says that soft proof should be looked for in the cheapest way possible. Cheap is relative, of course, but as of now I can't just drop a few Gs to simply test the worldwide interest of the diet. My plan was to simply collect emails with a free giveaway and go from there but I don't know if the full landing page is necessary for that.
If it isn't worth it to build a whole landing page just for a free product market test, what alternative do I have? Write my experience with my bowel syndrome and collect the emails? Is there a different angle I'm not seeing? Any and all feedback would be appreciated!
As of now, I've done some light testing of the waters of an ultra diet plan that cured my digestion syndrome. So far, I've had interest from a few people (About 30 have shown a lot of interest, a few others have been mildly interested). This has been completely organic with me messaging a lot of people and posting on forums; $0 have been spent. I've had no direct results from the diet itself (yet) but, in general, people ARE interested in it.
My thing now is 1) that I want to expand to a larger audience to really test the waters and 2) wait for the results of the diet in people, if there are any. I obviously don't want to twiddle my thumbs while people do the diet (it usually takes about 2 weeks to really see full effects) so I wanted to market test.
I have a few questions in regards to this. I did marketing and web design before I really dived into an unscripted business, so I'm a bit familiar with how landing pages and ads work. However, is it worth it to pay for a landing page with full copywriting just to test the market? In Unscripted MJ says that soft proof should be looked for in the cheapest way possible. Cheap is relative, of course, but as of now I can't just drop a few Gs to simply test the worldwide interest of the diet. My plan was to simply collect emails with a free giveaway and go from there but I don't know if the full landing page is necessary for that.
If it isn't worth it to build a whole landing page just for a free product market test, what alternative do I have? Write my experience with my bowel syndrome and collect the emails? Is there a different angle I'm not seeing? Any and all feedback would be appreciated!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
