The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Journal Post #2: How Can I Do Paid Market Testing?

Marketing, social media, advertising

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019
Hope you're doing good, guys. This is my second journaling post of my search for a productocracy.

As of now, I've done some light testing of the waters of an ultra diet plan that cured my digestion syndrome. So far, I've had interest from a few people (About 30 have shown a lot of interest, a few others have been mildly interested). This has been completely organic with me messaging a lot of people and posting on forums; $0 have been spent. I've had no direct results from the diet itself (yet) but, in general, people ARE interested in it.

My thing now is 1) that I want to expand to a larger audience to really test the waters and 2) wait for the results of the diet in people, if there are any. I obviously don't want to twiddle my thumbs while people do the diet (it usually takes about 2 weeks to really see full effects) so I wanted to market test.

I have a few questions in regards to this. I did marketing and web design before I really dived into an unscripted business, so I'm a bit familiar with how landing pages and ads work. However, is it worth it to pay for a landing page with full copywriting just to test the market? In Unscripted MJ says that soft proof should be looked for in the cheapest way possible. Cheap is relative, of course, but as of now I can't just drop a few Gs to simply test the worldwide interest of the diet. My plan was to simply collect emails with a free giveaway and go from there but I don't know if the full landing page is necessary for that.

If it isn't worth it to build a whole landing page just for a free product market test, what alternative do I have? Write my experience with my bowel syndrome and collect the emails? Is there a different angle I'm not seeing? Any and all feedback would be appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019
Quick update: Already have some good feedback on the diet. And he wasn't even past the first stage of the diet!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.