The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

5k in bookings to 100k in a month as a 16 year old - Progress Thread

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

Guest130641

hello everyone!

I haven't made a post in a while, because I was busy with starting up my company.

I want to start a progress thread to show others that it is possible!

I've been doing house redo's lately where I offer a pressure washing, window cleaning, mowing, trimming etc services.

I've gone d2d and I've done roughly 300 doors, I've gotten 30 call backs, 5 clients and 2 repeating ones so far.

So far though, Ive gotten another 5 appointments booked for the next 2 weeks, hoping to fill up more spaces.

I've generated around $6,300 and out of that I've profited $5,750.

We broke even at around the 3000 dollar mark.

I am now beginning to hire some friends, we split the money 50/50 when they do the job.

I aim to hit around 10k revenue in September (I started doing this a little over a month ago)

any advice would be nice!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest130641

UPDATE: I just closed a deal with a mini apartment, I will clean their parking lot, cut their grass, clean the windows, trim the bushes, remove any moss and some extra deals.

Im going to the apartment moment later tomorrow.

(I managed to snag it for 2999)

G

Guest130641

Also, really quick I wanted to post all these deals I do.

Client #1: $649

Client #2: $849

Client #3: $1,199

Client #4: $699

Client #5: $1,699

Upcoming clients:

#1: $2,999
#2: $499
#3: $449
#4: 649
#5: 599

Im going to change my money goal for this month up to 20k, as this 3k deal with the apartment is really boosting it.

For the rest of today, im going to call a owner of a few apartments see if they’re interested in partnering with me.

Im planning on calling 15 different owners for today, so at the end of the day I’ll update everyone.

G

Guest130641

A man of action. I love it
Thank you man!

So I finished the 15 calls, or 16 including the one with multiple apartments.

Here’s how it went: 3 didn’t answer, I left a voicemail.

8 asked if I can go over and give them estimates in person incase I made a off estimate by viewing it digitally.

1 agreed to a deal of 1699.

The rest said they’d think about it/no.

So far, I'm estimated to make 5700 dollars this month for about 3 hours a week worth of work.

I also get some extra money if I do a good job but it’s only like an extra 50 bucks but if I get a tip on every client I can hit the 6000 mark.

Something I wanted to add: I do this because the RE market in Canada is really booming and everyone is trying to get extra value by making it look nicer, so that’s where I come in.

Im also leaning into branding towards: my own products for stuff like moss removal, etc

And my own landscaping and renovating part of the company.

Im going to start landscaping, renovating and repairs for my company.

Im going to aim for 150k to end off this year.

Im going to start reaching out to car dealerships, businesses, and if I could somehow partner up with RE people.

Until then, best of luck everyone!

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Thank you man!

So I finished the 15 calls, or 16 including the one with multiple apartments.

Here’s how it went: 3 didn’t answer, I left a voicemail.

8 asked if I can go over and give them estimates in person incase I made a off estimate by viewing it digitally.

1 agreed to a deal of 1699.

The rest said they’d think about it/no.

So far, I'm estimated to make 5700 dollars this month for about 3 hours a week worth of work.

I also get some extra money if I do a good job but it’s only like an extra 50 bucks but if I get a tip on every client I can hit the 6000 mark.

Something I wanted to add: I do this because the RE market in Canada is really booming and everyone is trying to get extra value by making it look nicer, so that’s where I come in.

Im also leaning into branding towards: my own products for stuff like moss removal, etc

And my own landscaping and renovating part of the company.

Im going to start landscaping, renovating and repairs for my company.

Im going to aim for 150k to end off this year.

Im going to start reaching out to car dealerships, businesses, and if I could somehow partner up with RE people.

Until then, best of luck everyone!
Where in Canada are you from?

G

Guest130641

Hello everyone! I just wanted to point out that I have a productacy going on with my business!

I’ve gotten like 3 calls in the last hour saying that one friend referred them to me!

I just closed a deal with all 3 people ranging from 750-1250.

Here’s how 1 went:

“Hello Jack speaking from ——-, how can I help you?”

“Hi, so one of your previous clients had told me that you do phenomenal jobs and I was wondering if I can get a quote?”

“What’s your house address? Also if you don’t mind, who referred me to you?”

“It’s —— and it was —— she had told us you got her house valued at 50k over what it was previously”

“Oh haha, tell her I said thank you! And it looks like I can do the job for you for around 1249, but since your calling because one of your friends, I’ll offer you 1000.”

“Deal, when can you come? I can do it tomorrow around 4 does that work?”

“Yep! See you then”

I got the shivers, I offered her a discount as it could lead her to referring me more often..

And the multi apartment guy said I can try doing 3 of his apartments for $11,999, I agreed, even though he saved himself 500 bucks, it’s still a shit ton of money.

I will have to spread these 3 apartments across a few days, as they are huge and there are so many tasks.

I had also called some others, but they all said no, I went d2d, some said they were interested and took a card, but I’m going to chill for the rest of the day.

I’ve closed a few deals today, that I’m really happy with, and my schedules beginning to get packed: I have 10 jobs for the next 2 weeks now.

I might take a short break off of calling and d2d and chill, I haven’t really taken many breaks so I won’t update for a little.

G

Guest130641

Okay, I know I’m not supposed to update, but I’ve been receiving a ton of calls, know why?

That $3k deal guy was so happy, he posted a picture on social media.

He’s apart of big real estate investment groups.

I’ve partnered up with 6 big buildings now, each for around 8-17k each one.

I keep receiving calls, but most are just houses and im getting those deals for like 500-999.

(PS: I know it’s a lot of money, it’s because I normally do the jobs every 6 months to once everyone.)

I now have some appointments booked for a few weeks ahead, id prefer more spread out, consistent income rather than 100k in one month, then 1k the next.

To all those younger people saying “oh I’m too young, etc”

Pick your head up.

You got this.

Im creating a trend, a want in the RE market, probably the most competitive and older people market.

Im not even through my late teens..

Whether your finding the cure to cancer, or just cutting someone’s grass,

Just remember,

Your only limit, is you yourself.

I couldn’t even imagine making deals for 17 thousand dollars..

I was happy for a 499 deal.

Now what?

I always tell myself, if people are moving millions, why can’t I?

If I have 70k worth of appointments, why can’t that be 700k, or 7 million?

You’ve all got this. I believe in you.

G

Guest130641

Goddamn man you're killing it!
Thank you man! something I’m going to do is ask for referrals, yard signs and deals for people if you bring others in.

Something like bring in a friend and get 15% off your next appointment!

Im getting testimonials already and they’re all 5 starred.

I keep getting calls, texts and emails every hour of the day.

As for competition, there are none in my area, legit zilch.

I think it’s because it’s a lot for window cleaning stuff, lawn mower stuff, power washing stuff, painting supplies, roof cleaning supplies and insurance.

Im hoping to spread out of my area in my city, and I’m going to try to partner up with investment groups.

I have big goals, and I’m certainly not stopping here!

G

Guest130641

Okay, so day #2 completed.

How many calls, emails or texts did I get/do? 35

How many said yes? 12

How many asked if I can come and give a re estimate? 14

How many said no/maybe? 9

How much money do I have in appointments from today EST? $76,500 over 1-2 months.

How much money do I have for re-bookings? ~$10,500

Total Money? ~$90,000

Goals?

Set up my deals for referrals and get 10% off for 1 friend, 15% for 2 friends and 25% for 3 friends

Hire 5 people.

Get my mom to help me with the phone calls.

Make 200k by 2024.

Let’s do this you guys! Im excited to get more of a pull type of company with this referral deal.

Im really going to slow down on the calls, as I’m raking in too many appointments, I want to see how effective this pull idea is now.

Hope everyone has a good day

G

Guest130641

I want to add a goal, it’s to build some kind of tool that can give out estimates for me.

Why? I’ve gotten 10 calls from last night to today morning.

People are trying to call me at 11pm, or 1 am.

I need some sort of auto estimating thing, or where people can just book their own dates for me to go see and give a estimate.

Im getting emails, texts, phonecalls nonstop.

I was pooping and someone called me.

I see what MJ means by how nice it could be for stuff to come in no matter what your doing.

Im getting to hiring people, but I’m doing it in a unique way.

I do this thing where if they finished it under estimated time of completion, they get paid 22.5 bucks every hour they spent, they get 18 bucks an hour if they do it on time, and minimum wage if they complete it above the estimated time of completion.

They also get tips from the job they do, so if they do a good job, they get another 25-50 bucks.

This gets them doing jobs quickly but nicely.

it’s a bit complicated but now I only have to do ~5 hours of work a week while my workers are working 25-40 hr work weeks, they’re volunteering for extra hours.

Im going to train a phone person to give estimates, im going to do a familiar setup.

They get minimum wage everyday because it’s mandatory, but every lead she converts into a appointment, she gets $5-50 bucks depending on how much the appointment is worth.

I got to call back a lot of these people, got to train my employees, try to figure out a tool for this and other things, I’ll update at the end of the day.

G

Guest130641

Big Milestone Reached, Changed Thread Name

Im done with clients for today, I did two 1k deals.

My employees have made 4k for me, And they’re still working, they have 1 more commission for today for another 6k for me.

Some big news! We just crossed the 100k in appointments.

We’re now worth something around 125k

Anyways, I got to keep working, just wanted to share this big milestone.

G

Guest130641

Okay, so end of day update:

All these calls came from the other person, we didn’t push any calls.

Calls: 20

Bookings: 9

Re-Estimates: 10

No’s: 1

$ in New Bookings: $12,000

$ Appointments Done Today: ~$~6,000

$ Upcoming Appointments ~$100,000

I prefer to update it like this, and my mother and I are the ones receiving all these calls, she’ll help me when school starts tomorrow.

G

Guest130641

Woah, thank you everyone for your compliments!

I just wanted to give a thanks to @Jrjohnny for making me get up and work and giving me tons of tips and picking me up when I was down.

Something awkward happened, someone offered to buy out my company off of me for $~350k.

I don’t know whether or not I should deny, or accept, I will have to think about it for a while.

Wish everyone the best!

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
My radar is going off that this is all fake. 1 "no" in 20 calls? From "I'm just above break even" on Saturday to "I got a $350K offer" on Tuesday?

I think we are being trolled here. And to others who are starting up businesses, this is not the trajectory to expect.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
My radar is going off that this is all fake. 1 "no" in 20 calls? From "I'm just above break even" on Saturday to "I got a $350K offer" on Tuesday?

I think we are being trolled here. And to others who are starting up businesses, this is not the trajectory to expect.
Limiting beliefs?

Edit:
Just read the rest of the thread. Everything makes sense. 2k per house to increase value by 50k. Getting referrals from real estate agents since he’s providing so much value. 350k offer after a week though?:eyes:

Whether it’s real or fake it’s best to believe it’s real. This opened my mind and told me that I need to think bigger.

Last edited:

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

This whole thing did go from awesome to feel like a scam real quick. Looking forward to hearing the details on this offer.

Limiting beliefs?

The issue is these type of offers don't matriculate this quickly. Going from 10k goal to 100k in business to 350k offer in 5 days is incredibly unusual. The offering party would have to do due diligence and gonna take longer than 48 hours since this thing exploded. Also they would learn all they would have to do is buy a couple K in equipment, use the same tactics and build the business themselves. Next time pace yourself OP with the story and make more realistic or maybe my own limiting beliefs have murking my vision and this kid will be on the next month cover of Forbes 30 under 30 for creating a miracle so quick.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Whether it’s real or fake it’s best to believe it’s real.

Why?

There are companies doing 100x this daily. You don't need to look at an Internet thread with no proof for inspiration, look at the real companies actually doing it.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Whether it’s real or fake it’s best to believe it’s real. This opened my mind and told me that I need to think bigger.
Unless there is an expensive coaching program offered via PM by OP to help others replicate the success. :happy:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I agree..

Something seems off now.

I’ve been on the sidelines reading this, and it seems odd.

I would like everyone to know that I hardly even had helped, just gave him like 2 tips.

Don’t take advice; especially from a 13 year old, as the holy scripture.

The best thing you can do is get your foot in the door.

Now this kind of growth seems like mental masturbation and what you imagine business is like.

We just have to wait and see what Jack has to say.

G

Guest130641

Im not faking! Why are you guys so mean?

I wish business would just slow down! I can’t handle this much stuff.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

Dude nobody’s being mean.

Show us a screenshot of the income/ offer and we’ll begin to believe you.

People who make 350k in a year are considered high middle class, you making that in 1 month, at 16, working hardly any time is just such insane growth it seems like it’s fake.

350k in “value” in one month, equates to more than 10k a day.

I would love to have more than 50,000% more income in a month after starting my brand.

I also have not yet seen any apartments near me get cleaned. We live in the exact same area of the exact same city.

If your making almost half a mill in 2 months, I should be seeing people advertising for you, see yard signs, cleaner apartments and houses.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

You started this thread on Saturday, posted numbers on Sunday and Monday, then said on Tuesday morning that you got an offer for 350k for what ostensibly seems like a cleanup crew operation... who would want to pay 350k for that when you've been in business less than a month? Of course people are going to be skeptical.

I disagree that your numbers sound unbelievable. 300 doors meaning 300 high-rise buildings = high leverage. Those calls were people who were interested. You could have closed more of them. Most of those re-estimates will turn into nos. Some of those yeses will ghost you.

Unless you're literally just booking work, promising the moon and the stars, getting a bunch of receivables & trying to find a "company buyer" super quickly to cash out before you actually have to deliver, I'd say that you're doing a good job & you need more people to help you out.

Also it's a lot easier to make up numbers and post them on the Internet than it is to actually run a business so it's unsurprising that people don't believe you.

Again, you don't have to post proof but you do have to get back to work.

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
You started this thread on Saturday, posted numbers on Sunday and Monday, then said on Tuesday morning that you got an offer for 350k for what ostensibly seems like a cleanup crew operation... who would want to pay 350k for that when you've been in business less than a month? Of course people are going to be skeptical.

I disagree that your numbers sound unbelievable. 300 doors meaning 300 high-rise buildings = high leverage. Those calls were people who were interested. You could have closed more of them. Most of those re-estimates will turn into nos. Some of those yeses will ghost you.

Unless you're literally just booking work, promising the moon and the stars, getting a bunch of receivables & trying to find a "company buyer" super quickly to cash out before you actually have to deliver, I'd say that you're doing a good job & you need more people to help you out.

And if this is fake and gay, well, our readers should just remember how easy it is to post things like this:

View attachment 51171
I agree, but back when he did those 300 doors, he had told me that apartments aren’t taking them seriously, so they were just normal houses.

I think he got caught up with mental masturbations, or just got a bigger ego because everyone was complimenting him.

Also do you have a progress thread? And idk if I’m late, but congrats on almost 900k in a month. That’s a big milestone!

So collosalrep, we would like to here some more details on this offer.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Also do you have a progress thread? And idk if I’m late, but congrats on almost 900k in a month. That’s a big milestone!
You caught the faked screenshot, I deleted it because I didn't inspect element the sidebars lol so you could have done the math and found the real numbers which I didn't actually want to share. But the number doesn't matter because any idiot can inspect element & edit a screenshot of anything in a website. That's the point I was trying to make

Also it's not even my F*cking store which is an even MORE important point. Anyone can fake anything on the Internet. I might actually be a dog.

0*Wv5rHUzi5-61HcCw.jpg

G

Guest130641

Okay, Ive overcome my little tantrum, I just get upset when people don’t believe me.

Im sorry I didn’t give more details, I had woken up and was rushing to go to school..

They said they’d like to buy out the company for 350k, only if I can turn this potential 100k into a real 100k.

If I don’t follow through, I lose the deal and im left with the company.

I was also super energetic as this business is stressing me out with all of this growth..

I understand, you guys may not believe me.

I can delete my account and just leave if you guys think I’m doing more harm than good.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.