The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've studied engineering for five years...

AvEngr.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Sep 23, 2017
Philippines
Hello everyone! It's my first time ever participating in a forum like this. I am compelled to join this forum after reading TMF and UNSCRIPTED .

I'm from a middle-class family of six in a third world country. I've lived comfortably for the most part of my current existence. Even though my parents can't provide all my wants, they have provided me and my siblings all our needs. And for that, I'm truly grateful.

My father was an overseas worker and he was earning a six-figure salary in exchange for being away from us for a year or two. This is where about 98% of the household income comes from. The rest is from a small convenience store that my mother manages. But my father is not getting any younger, and as the years went by it gets harder and harder for him to be employed. Right now he's unemployed for 2 years and counting. And those during those 2 years I was in college studying engineering. My other siblings were in school as well. Needless to say, my parents are flat out broke and in debt.

By my last year in college, I'm itching to graduate and land a job and have a great salary. Fortunately, I graduated and landed a job. Not so *lucky* with my entry-level salary. It is enough to support my living expenses but not enough to provide for my family. I am the breadwinner now and even though my parents don't oblige me I want to give something back. I witnessed their many sacrifices for us and I want to make them stop working and just enjoy the rest of their life. I can't do that in the current path that I'm on. Thanks to MJ for showing me a different path. I have no other choice but to go FASTLANE.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Your parents are proud of you. That's a fact. With such attitude and work ethic you'll accomplish many great things - and don't take serious anyone who tells you otherwise.

StartToday

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Sep 22, 2017
Between Goku's strong thighs
Hey! Glad to see other folks from third world countries. I'm sort of in the same situation as you. Dad's almost 70 and self employed but he doesn't any savings so yeah... you know how it is. I want to provide for the man who provided for my family and put me through university.

And here I am earning minimum wage (300 dollars a month ffs) but I'm not gonna sit down and just take that. Neither will you. We can overcome our realities.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...