The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've started "Songwryte", a YouTube channel on songwriting tips

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Hi everyone, about 2 months ago I opened Songwryte, a YouTube channel on songwriting.
I've wanted to do this for a few years now: share the knowledge I have about songwriting with the world.
At first I thought of making a video course (like the ones on Udemy) but then I decided to share almost everything for free in order to try to grow a fanbase and enhance my personal brand.

The channel is in 2 languages: Italian (my mother tongue) and English.
Every week (sometimes every 2 weeks) I upload the same episode in Italian and in English.
Each episode deals with a different aspect of songwriting and song-form, and I comment on these aspects with practical examples taken from famous songs.

I embed a couple of episodes here:

This one is on Hooks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmp4ZVS7RIQ

This is the first episode/introduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqQ2y_SLpZ4

Yesterday I launched Songwryte also on Patreon, and later, in addition to offering a 1:1 service via Skype or Zoom call, I would like to publish a more advanced online course (this will be paid) where I also touch more advanced music theory/songwriting topics.

I'd like you to give me your opinion on that, and if you play or would like to embark in the songwriting journey, maybe you can find it useful for you!
Have a great day you all! :cool:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Plymouth Oyster

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
May 25, 2020
The Ocean
Thanks for sharing, I learned a lot & didn't realise songs had all these different structures.

How will you develop the channel?
I mean there's only so many parts to a song, once you've covered them all what will you do then?

PS I would have linked this video, the song is amazing and Steve Jones voice is just incredible.
View: https://youtu.be/vB9zTD_sc9M?list=PLn_Yf0hylIXw7-iViluoPeJV4PEkfnrtm

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Thanks for sharing, I learned a lot & didn't realise songs had all these different structures.

How will you develop the channel?
I mean there's only so many parts to a song, once you've covered them all what will you do then?

PS I would have linked this video, the song is amazing and Steve Jones voice is just incredible.
View: https://youtu.be/vB9zTD_sc9M?list=PLn_Yf0hylIXw7-iViluoPeJV4PEkfnrtm
Thank you so much, I'm so glad you liked it! I'll deal also music theory, like chords harmonization, which is a fundamental asset when you write songs, and also I'll go deeper into psychological aspects, like the right attitude for inspiration.
I've touched this last topic in the 2d episode, which I link it here.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Thank you so much, I'm so glad you liked it! I'll deal also music theory, like chords harmonization, which is a fundamental asset when you write songs, and also I'll go deeper into psychological aspects, like the right attitude for inspiration.
I've touched this last topic in the 2d episode, which I link it here.

I always wanted to write songs they're like poetry that you can add music to. Will check out your channel.

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Rather than Patreon, why not build a membership website or use something like Kajabi / Kartra? They would give you much more control and structure over your content and marketing.
Thank you so much Sam, that's a very good advice! I'll think about it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.