The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've started a project.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

afana7ev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 13, 2022
Armenia, Yerevan
I got an idea recently that I truly believe in.

I will develop a web application first, and a mobile one next.
I decided to start with a web application for the following reasons:
  • I think it will be easier to attract new users to try my idea. (there's no need to download a mobile application, you can use your browser)
  • It's easier to develop a web app than a mobile one for my idea, and it will require less time.
I chose Kotiln to develop both a server-side app and a mobile app. I've had some experience with Java in the past, I think it will help me.

Sorry for the brevity, I need to get back to work.

I started this thread because I wanted to inspire other entrepreneurs.

From time to time I will update the thread or add comments to it so that you can see the progress. I am sure that in the early stages this will be an uninteresting thread, but I hope that in the future it will serve as inspiration for you. Stay tuned ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

afana7ev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 13, 2022
Armenia, Yerevan
There are still some doubts about my idea.

Decided to do some market research. I created a Google Forms survey, now I want to target it to resources and chats where potential users of my app might be.

afana7ev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 13, 2022
Armenia, Yerevan
My apologies.
I thought that "starting" a project meant having an idea for a project.

I was wrong about it. But I wasn't wrong about taking the action.
I was thrilled about the idea. I saw value in this idea. I thought people will like it.

There is an existing solution to a problem that my application could solve. My idea is just an improvement and solves many problems of the existing solution. But it won't work without people's involvement. So I need more data from people.

Last edited:

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
There are still some doubts about my idea.

Decided to do some market research. I created a Google Forms survey, now I want to target it to resources and chats where potential users of my app might be.
This is one of the best ways to begin.

Personally, I create a different version of a MVP (think MVP with elevated features, depending on the project), and then I survey individuals within said industry with my MVP. This allows me to gather real feedback on my initial idea, including a ballpark of what users would be willing to pay, if anything.

This has allowed me to cycle through MVPs/ideas with incredible efficiency, as well as providing a higher quality of user feedback data. Having said that, I utilize the MERN stack for most projects, so I'm able to throw together full stack apps within a few hours. I have absolutely no knowledge of Kotiln, however, so all I can really say is figure out how to automate your process to be as efficient as possible, if you aren't already.

I highly encourage you to do something similar, or at least create your MVP before collecting data. Having a MVP streamlines your entire process, and that effect will ripple throughout its entire duration; well-beyond the development phase. Good luck!

afana7ev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 13, 2022
Armenia, Yerevan
I utilize the MERN stack for most projects, so I'm able to throw together full stack apps within a few hours.
I picked Kotlin because it's a familiar tool for me.

I think I should learn more about the MERN stack. It sounds great that this allows you to create a full-stack application in such a short amount of time. It might save a lot of time to test new ideas.

afana7ev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 13, 2022
Armenia, Yerevan
BTW, I'm currently trying to abuse Reddit.

I've never used it before, but it seems like a good source of information.

I created this thread this morning. I currently work in the game development industry so I can speak the same language as people who leave comments.
1670774154089.png

And this was pretty useful. I wrote down some of the problems that people face.

I also found it useful to search the subreddits for the following phrases: “hard”, “uncomfortable”, “stopped using”, “pisses me off”, “terrible”, “useless”, etc.

afana7ev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 13, 2022
Armenia, Yerevan
Hello there!

I Had some bad days, but still working on my project. Currently, I am learning a new toolkit that I am going to use to implement my project. The technical specification for the project is almost done.

afana7ev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 13, 2022
Armenia, Yerevan
Now I know exactly what I want to implement.

It is something different than my previous idea. And it's a different path to the first user's feedback.

I know my possible customers: their age, location, goals, interests, challenges, and pain points.
I also know my competitors and that my idea will outperform them.

Now I only need to commit to the action.

At least my idea will be very beneficial for me : )

eifesu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 21, 2021
I was wrong about it. But I wasn't wrong about taking the action.
I was thrilled about the idea. I saw value in this idea. I thought people will like it.

There is an existing solution to a problem that my application could solve. My idea is just an improvement and solves many problems of the existing solution. But it won't work without people's involvement. So I need more data from people.
Good luck in your endeavor.
Stay the course.

afana7ev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 13, 2022
Armenia, Yerevan
It was hard, but I decided to close my project.
I was so thrilled by the idea, that it blinded me.

1. It has a low effort input/income output ratio.
2. It is not really scalable.
3. Most importantly, I don't believe in this idea anymore.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.