- Joined
- Feb 9, 2011
- Messages
- 38
Rep Bank
$170
$170
User Power: 37%
It's been a while since I posted, as I've been "in the trenches" trying to implement things. But I've been lurking the forum seeing what's been going on 
Here's something that I've been thinking about a lot lately, and maybe it will help someone else.
This has seemed to be a reoccurring theme for me lately. I sat around thinking about what is the difference between my efforts now, and my past efforts where I built my first successful internet business.
Then, as I re-read some key parts of MJ's book, and browsed the forum, it hit me hard...PROCESS...
Then a few days after that, MJ's new post went up and further confirmed what my issue has been lately! It's as if everything was lining up to give me a sucker punch of reality to the face.
I've understood it, read it, re-read it all before. But for some reason, it has unfolded itself to me like some new revelation.
I have been way too focused on the "event" lately. In the past when I was successful, I was process focused, and the money just rolled in a lot faster, easier, and in bigger chunks....after doing the "process" for a decent amount of time without getting the "instant" results that we commonly look for.
It's easier to become event focused when your finances are not where they need to be. When your only income is from your business, and you have to pay rent and other bills, or want to buy things for the business, yourself, etc, then you can end up looking for the business to provide the money to do those things instantly.
You probably focus too much on the event if you:
What am I going to get back to my process focused "roots"?
Well,vI've gotten back comfortable with the idea of working "for free" for the rest of the year, and then earning a "lil bit" for a while until it reaches the next level.
Here's why I'm thinking about giving most of my products away for free for the rest of the year:
I can either keep selling to a few people, or I can take 5 steps back, for the purpose of taking 40 steps forward and getting in position to eventually sell to 100 thousand people.
To keep doing things as I'm doing them right now will continue to make me a few dollars. But I've been doing things long enough to know that now is the time for a major change if I want to stop making a few dollars, and start making a ton of them.
To expose my product and brand to a lot more people does 2 things:
1. Helps more people in my market enjoy the fruits of my labor and have a better outcome and results
2. Puts me in position to accomplish bigger profits later by helping more people now
In addition, here are a few other benefits of doing this while I work to build this business:
- helps "detach" from the outcome during the building stage, and just do the stuff that needs to be done
- eliminates the need to check sales every single day during the building process
- eliminates the time spent looking for instant money from 1 single activity (event)
- allows me to take daily action without even looking for an instant result
- shows the value of my products to the market
- gets them talking to others and spreading the word about it
- focus on building the mailing list, with true followers/fans who want to be there
- build the bank of "goodwill" in my market by providing them everything I can to help them achieve their goals
Maybe I'm crazy, but I know that a shift has to be made at this time to facilitate the next success that I have coming. I am getting back to my process roots, taking a free fall into uncertainty, and letting go of the small money to open my hands for real wealth and impact.
Feel free to share your thoughts.
Here's something that I've been thinking about a lot lately, and maybe it will help someone else.
This has seemed to be a reoccurring theme for me lately. I sat around thinking about what is the difference between my efforts now, and my past efforts where I built my first successful internet business.
Then, as I re-read some key parts of MJ's book, and browsed the forum, it hit me hard...PROCESS...
Then a few days after that, MJ's new post went up and further confirmed what my issue has been lately! It's as if everything was lining up to give me a sucker punch of reality to the face.
I've understood it, read it, re-read it all before. But for some reason, it has unfolded itself to me like some new revelation.
I have been way too focused on the "event" lately. In the past when I was successful, I was process focused, and the money just rolled in a lot faster, easier, and in bigger chunks....after doing the "process" for a decent amount of time without getting the "instant" results that we commonly look for.
It's easier to become event focused when your finances are not where they need to be. When your only income is from your business, and you have to pay rent and other bills, or want to buy things for the business, yourself, etc, then you can end up looking for the business to provide the money to do those things instantly.
You probably focus too much on the event if you:
- Do a little work and look for lots of results
- Check stats way too much
- Look for an increase in traffic overnight from 1 implemented action
(i.e. Write a blog post today and see if you got 300 new visitors tomorrow as a result) - Look for an increase in revenue overnight from 1 implemented action
- Stop doing proper actions if they don't produce results in 48 hours
- Spend too much time "planning" and "writing potential possibilities"
- Spend too much time "getting organized" for success
- Get discouraged and lose motivation when your traffic/sales don't increase
What am I going to get back to my process focused "roots"?
Well,vI've gotten back comfortable with the idea of working "for free" for the rest of the year, and then earning a "lil bit" for a while until it reaches the next level.
Here's why I'm thinking about giving most of my products away for free for the rest of the year:
I can either keep selling to a few people, or I can take 5 steps back, for the purpose of taking 40 steps forward and getting in position to eventually sell to 100 thousand people.
To keep doing things as I'm doing them right now will continue to make me a few dollars. But I've been doing things long enough to know that now is the time for a major change if I want to stop making a few dollars, and start making a ton of them.
To expose my product and brand to a lot more people does 2 things:
1. Helps more people in my market enjoy the fruits of my labor and have a better outcome and results
2. Puts me in position to accomplish bigger profits later by helping more people now
In addition, here are a few other benefits of doing this while I work to build this business:
- helps "detach" from the outcome during the building stage, and just do the stuff that needs to be done
- eliminates the need to check sales every single day during the building process
- eliminates the time spent looking for instant money from 1 single activity (event)
- allows me to take daily action without even looking for an instant result
- shows the value of my products to the market
- gets them talking to others and spreading the word about it
- focus on building the mailing list, with true followers/fans who want to be there
- build the bank of "goodwill" in my market by providing them everything I can to help them achieve their goals
Maybe I'm crazy, but I know that a shift has to be made at this time to facilitate the next success that I have coming. I am getting back to my process roots, taking a free fall into uncertainty, and letting go of the small money to open my hands for real wealth and impact.
Feel free to share your thoughts.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
