The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's Lonely At The Top: Dating Slowlane Women

Yasai

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 26, 2014
Most of the time, people aren't even aware that the fastlane is a possibility for them. They believe that those "tycoons" and the "1%" in general are where they are because they either inherited all their wealth, achieved it via exploitation or because they are somewhat gifted or blessed.

If you can show them that (with a little work and dedication) they can achieve financial freedom too, Slowlaners usually "convert" to a fastlane/entrepreneur mindset quite fast.
All they need is evidence that it is possible.
And as far as I can tell, you are evidence that it can work. And didn't you start out as a slowlaner too? (Like almost everyone on this forum)

If she doesn't feel like being an entrepreneur, that's fine too. Not everyone desires money, as long as they are happy and fulfilled and protected.
Life has all kinds of "freedoms" - financial freedom is only one of them.

If she enjoys doing her job and feels a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment by helping others, she should do that as long as she can, because it means she found something that other people are searching for their entire life.

On the other hand, you mentioned that she looks forward to retire at 40, which means she wants to quit rather early. In that case, you can basically assume that she has what it takes to become an entrepreneur.

Tell her a little bit about how you earn money and if she would be interested to earn some passive income as well (maybe while still being employed, so she can have the best of both worlds).

Julio Andres

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Dec 9, 2014
Her goal is to retire by 40 and to save as much as she can by doing the night shifts.

Is this is as you say it is, she is working so hard just to get money fast. Maybe she loves been a doctor, but just in the morning shift. If you can show her that she can make more money than the night shift in some fastlane venture, you will open her eyes. And maybe she earns so much money that she can keep been a doctor, but without a paying check, for the needy ones or something merciful-benevolent-holy-thing.

Other thing man: “There are many fish in the sea”, I know is cliché, but it is true. A couple of years ago I started this self-development journey with all the pick-up community thing, that was the first eye-opener to me. Then it follows all the entrepreneur, business, freedom and fastlane mindset. I think a man who wants to get serious in all this business-freedom lifestyle needs to have the relationship area of his life handled. And I don’t mean been married or with long time girlfriends. Handled in the one it doesn’t mess with the other areas of his life. If you are really in love with a girl, and she breakup with you, ok, is a sad, let’s be sad and cry for a while, but then get your shit together and move on. If you are not happy with a relationship, move on. If you live with an scarcity mentality about relationships and woman, it will hold you back on the business side. Language is a barrier? go learn some Thai and teach English. Maybe you got a business opportunity there.

Good luck man!

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Just make sure not to get married bro. She will financially ruin you :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
I believe any man or woman can ruin you if they really want too. Seems this thread is filled with women are the enemy. Last time I remember, both men and women make stupid choices, have the art of control, manipulation, and the art of seduction going on. Both can be con-artists. I believe it's easy to blame the opposite sex, but hey, "Let's be grown up about it and take responsibility for the part we play."
While I do agree with you, divorces favor those that make the least money. I suppose this is as much a reply to you as it is to this thread. As a general rule, men work more overtime, work more undesirable jobs (sewage work, construction, etc...), and work in higher paying fields than women. There are cases where women are the primary bread winner in the household, and in similar fashion, tend to get screwed over just as well as the men would.

Of course, these all differ from where you live, where the divorce takes place, and under what circumstances, such as religion or whether adultery was involved. But in the United States, there are significantly more stay-at-home mothers than stay-at-home fathers. (Believe it was around 40-1, but I'd have to check.) More often than not, when a divorce takes place in these situations, the law favors the women, because they do not work. Once children are brought into the picture, the parent who makes the least will be more likely to quit their job, and the stay-at-home mothers vs fathers tends to favor that women get into this position more than men do.

That said, like all adult decisions, and must be made with the utmost gravity. There are far to many young couples getting married because they couldn't keep their belt fastened. Even worse when these individuals don't have the proper income in the first place to raise themselves, let alone a spouse and a child. Finances should be a big part of the decision when marriage happens. Especially if there's long-term plans of children.

Don't be irresponsible with your life, or your money, and you should be fine. And you really should be in a set income bracket if kids are being planned.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I suppose I just believe we all need to own up to the responsibility of our actions, behaviors, and choices. So, statistics are just an excuse usually to me, and sometimes accurate and other times inaccurate depending on how they came up with that figure. I believe your gender doesn't really have a whole lot to do with how you use your brain and make choices.

Just for fun! Sex I.D.
http://www.medicaldaily.com/do-you-...reveals-sex-id-using-visual-challenges-292018

Last edited:

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
I suppose I just believe we all need to own up to the responsibility of our actions, behaviors, and choices.
Yup.

So, statistics are just an excuse usually to me, and sometimes accurate and other times inaccurate depending on how they came up with that figure.
I think it depends on the statistics. A survey about stay-at-home mothers is pretty easy to come up with, especially with tax documentation, paycheck records, etc... But when something more complicated enters the picture, such as divorce statistics, the numbers just doesn't paint the complete picture, and minute details are left out to explain the numbers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.